Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed that CPUID software and for some reason it would not go past the "monitoring" part when it was loading up, so I decided to uninstall the software. It seemed to uninstall ok but the folder is still in "Program Files" and the exe file is still there. I opened the exe file and the program still seems to be on the pc (still not working) but I cannot uninstall it, I checked in the "add/remove program files" bit and it is not showing up. Does anyone have any idea how I can get rid of this?

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
It's probably still running and that's why you can't fully uninstall/delete it. Open the task manager and look under the processes tab, see if there's anything related to it running and stop the process. Or restart the PC and try deleting the folder.

·
Constantly Evolving
686 Posts
Since it's not showing up in the add/remove section go into program files like you did and you can manually delete it but I would recommend typing in the search box in the top right of the window to make sure all the files for it are showing and then delete them all. I don't typically do it this way but that should take care of removing cpu-z just fine.

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
I'd just check to make sure it's not still running (as explained above), and simply delete the folder afterward.

Also, as an alternative to installing the program, I'd recommend the no-install version instead anyway:

Quote:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers for the quick replies guys! You guys were right, it was still running however I could not end the process so I decided to restart the pc, but it the pc would not restart either lol so I ended up having to push the reset button and I went into safe mode. The folder was still there so I deleted it in safe mode. I think I will try the no-install version.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just tried the no install version and it did the same thing, it stuck on "monitoring" and when I tried to shut down the process it would not shut down and I could not restart the pc. Hmmm I guess this software just does not want to work for me. Shame

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
You've probably got a corrupt file etc from the previous installed version. Stop CPUID if it's still running (do the same as you did before if necessary to stop it) then run Cleaner or something similar to clear our your temp files etc. Shutdown > Restart again. Then try using CPUID again. Also just check your choosing the correct CPUz download for your operating system x32/x64 bit etc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeeb7v View Post
I just tried the no install version and it did the same thing, it stuck on "monitoring" and when I tried to shut down the process it would not shut down and I could not restart the pc. Hmmm I guess this software just does not want to work for me. Shame

I have the exact same problem and this is what I have done to get CPUZ to load.

Q3: CPU-Z causes a general protection fault, or freezes my system, or causes a blue screen.
A: edit cpuz.ini, and replace :

DMI=1
Sensor=1
SMBus=1
Display=1

with :

DMI=0
Sensor=0
SMBus=0
Display=0

Then run cpu-z again. If it works, restore the "1" one by one, until the problem occurs again. Then send an email and mentioning which "1" is responsible.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts