Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Uhh..Crap. I dropped the multi on my chip down to ten and increased the fsb to 190. No boot. Ok whatever I reset the cmos and windows works. Currently running at stock settings. Seems everythings fine but ALOT of my programs have stopped working. Umm..Time for a reinstall of windows? Haha

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Do a reinstall. When windows corrupts its self it is tring to say it needs a refresh. Seeing that you can still boot into windows save everything inportant to a cd. At least you can still recover some of your files.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by dazed and confused

Do a reinstall. When windows corrupts its self it is tring to say it needs a refresh. Seeing that you can still boot into windows save everything inportant to a cd. At least you can still recover some of your files.

What do you think a repair does? It replaces all the key files while leaving your data intact. It's worth a shot... If it doesn't go then do a clean install and save yourself a butt-load of time.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
repairs suck. Dont they just install a copy of windows over the old one. Whenever I do a repair so I can get my files back it always runs really slow and I have to do a fresh install

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ty Auchter

What do you think a repair does? It replaces all the key files while leaving your data intact. It's worth a shot... If it doesn't go then do a clean install and save yourself a butt-load of time.

Um.....no If he can boot into windows then the repair will more than likely not help. Not to mention that he infered in his origional post that some of his apps do work...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts