Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an ASUS MG279Q Black 27" IPS 144 Hz 4ms monitor and the picture when watching a movie is terrible. I don't have any issues with gaming, they look great. Movies on the other hand look terrible. I have a 2nd 23" 1080p monitor and it looks great with movies. I'm using a 295x2 GPU. If you look at the fullsize picture I attatched, you can see it in their faces and hands.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure what you mean. Looks fine to me. You should try making a photo of your screen instead of a screenshot.
If you look at the areas that I circled, you can see how it's pixelated and off color'd. Almost like the way old school movies tried to depict "digitized" stuff in movies.

Attachments

·
Registered
446 Posts
Probably banding but it looks fine on my monitor, as the previous user said we could only see it if you take a picture of your actual monitor playing that scene.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
how are you watching the movie, is it a physical blue ray / DVD and using your DVD drive or is it a downloaded content and using a type of player?

It may be a format issue with that specific movie or movies.

cause if your games look fine but movies do not. That's what I'm getting out of it, its a movie format issue (possibly)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts