Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok. i'm writing this on a pda so bear with me.

i plugged in my new video card, and windows would hang on loading screen. i did a hard reboot to my comp. not turning on at all. i tried new power supply, different video card, reset cmos, everything.

now, i have diagnostic lights which are indicating a floppy drive starting; it hangs here. i have plugged in a floppy drive to see if that fixes it but nope.

help

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Check all plugs and molex connectors. You most likely hit something while you were installing the new GPU.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Try to boot with only the essentials... no CD, no PCI, no HDD, and just see if it will POST (if it isn't now).

·
Registered
574 Posts
Do any fans spin up (PSU)? Any lights? The 20(24) pin and the 4 pin Plugs are all in. All of the front panel headers are in? The computer is plugged in
?

·
Registered
574 Posts
Do you have the 4 pin molex plugged into the mainboard behind the audio-out portion of the I/O panel?

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Your motherboard...is it grounding to the case?

Try completely removing it from the case, put it on a box or something, and booting up.

·
Premium Member
19,923 Posts
Grrr...!

So, no BIOS access... I am assuming you could access it at one point?

Do you have a PS/2 keyboard that you could use for troubleshooting? I have buggered things up to the point where my USB keyboards won't function and I have to use a PS/2 interface.

·
Premium Member
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Okay guys. Sorry about my lack of thanks and details. I was typing everything out on a Pocket PC, which isn't the easiest and fastest thing.

Well, I got it fixed. Don't ask me how, but I did. I was up ALL night, and I need to get my sleep now. Thank you so much! Rep+ to you all.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts