Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya all,

I have a 450 gb raptor for my main drive that has my OS. I strictly use that for my OS Drive and I use my 2nd drive that is a wd black 1tb for storage.

I am getting a WEI for my HD at a disappointing 6.1 considering what im running.

Any ideas on why this may be happening. I dont have a raid setup right now.

any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
32,942 Posts
Its a mechanical hard drive, what do you expect?

I actually find it odd that you're getting 6.1 instead of 5.9. Usually 6.1 and 6.2 is RAID0 + Short Stroke territory.

Either way, its WEI, so it really makes no difference either way. Sit back and enjoy your Raptor and forget about the horrible thing that is WEI.
wink.gif

Oh, and if you REALLY want to increase your WEI (pointless, but whatever), then get a SSD, as that's the only way you'll get it higher. Wouldn't be a bad idea anyway, but not JUST for WEI though.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Feel lucky honestly. Most raptors get 5.9. In fact I thought it was impossible to get above a 5.9 with a mechanical HDD of any kind. Post a screenshot?

·
Premium Member
32,942 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killeraxemannic;15209795
Feel lucky honestly. Most raptors get 5.9. In fact I thought it was impossible to get above a 5.9 with a mechanical HDD of any kind. Post a screenshot?
I get 6.2 with my F3's in RAID0 and short stroked.

It is very VERY difficult to get higher though. WEI scores for hard drives is based off access time if I'm not mistaken, and mechanical drives just don't have that.

·
SpaceStationGaming
9,431 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pioneerisloud;15209791
Its a mechanical hard drive, what do you expect?

I actually find it odd that you're getting 6.1 instead of 5.9. Usually 6.1 and 6.2 is RAID0 + Short Stroke territory.

Either way, its WEI, so it really makes no difference either way. Sit back and enjoy your Raptor and forget about the horrible thing that is WEI.
wink.gif

Oh, and if you REALLY want to increase your WEI (pointless, but whatever), then get a SSD, as that's the only way you'll get it higher. Wouldn't be a bad idea anyway, but not JUST for WEI though.
Or just edit the file
biggrin.gif

·
Maximum effort.
993 Posts
SSD's are the only one's that can get higher scores. Mechanical hdd's usually get 5.9. Not like WEI matters anyway.

·
Prince of all Saiyans
4,196 Posts
Run windows update recently? WEI updates accordingly, and perhaps explaining your higher than norm 6.1 drive score.

On topic, go SSD or short stroke/raid mech drives.

·
Banned
2,203 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex420
View Post

Heya all,

I have a 450 gb raptor for my main drive that has my OS. I strictly use that for my OS Drive and I use my 2nd drive that is a wd black 1tb for storage.

I am getting a WEI for my HD at a disappointing 6.1 considering what im running.

Any ideas on why this may be happening. I dont have a raid setup right now.

any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Um, what were you expecting?

Even with RAID0 you're not going to achieve top WEI score

1 - 13 of 13 Posts