Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Graphics Junkie
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was getting crashes in games and in windows with the newest AMD driver. Going back to an older driver fixed the issue. I'm curious if anyone else experienced any issues with 21.4.1?

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
I was getting crashes in games and in windows with the newest AMD driver. Going back to an older driver fixed the issue. I'm curious if anyone else experienced any issues with 21.4.1?
Not really but that also depends on GPU used, general Windows condition etc. Your "4K Rig" doesn't show anything AMD.

·
Graphics Junkie
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not really but that also depends on GPU used, general Windows condition etc. Your "4K Rig" doesn't show anything AMD.
Yea... I haven't updated my specs on here. I have a 3700x and an rx6800

·
PC Evangelist
47,496 Posts
21.4.1 is a new branch so it will need some more releases before its fully up to par with last release.

·
High IQ Person
560 Posts
nope, as always with my 5700 XT

·
Registered
475 Posts
No issues so far with my 6800 XT and driver 21.4.1

I've only played a few hours of Doom Eternal and Cyberpunk but no crashes or odd behaviour.

·
Premium Member
20,308 Posts
Same here no crashes on this driver on both my 5700 and XT.

Op, I recommend redownload driver and reinstall over existing driver choosing factory reset option.

·
Graphics Junkie
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Same here no crashes on this driver on both my 5700 and XT.

Op, I recommend redownload driver and reinstall over existing driver choosing factory reset option.
I Should try that and I might, but I'm not having any issues with the previous driver. I'll probably just wait until the next update.

·
Graphics Junkie
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@UltraMega

Which games are crashing and which driver set did you roll back to?
Wasn't just games, windows was crashing as well even while idle.

I just went back to the previous driver which I think is 23.something.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I was getting crashes in games and in windows with the newest AMD driver.
This symptom alone indicates that this topic belongs to MS W10 operating system related bugs.
Microsoft this continues to do poor job with Windows Upgrade patches, and because of that NVIDIA and AMD they become targets.

·
Premium Member
20,308 Posts
This symptom alone indicates that this topic belongs to MS W10 operating system related bugs.
Microsoft this continues to do poor job with Windows Upgrade patches, and because of that NVIDIA and AMD they become targets.
I know something like Windows. Bill's marriage.

·
Graphics Junkie
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I know something like Windows. Bill's marriage.
haha

Lots of low hanging fruit with that situation. If I had to guess, I'd suspect Bill is just to wrapped up in his work for a romantic relationship. He's a man on a mission.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Only on a RX 580 but with this driver no issues.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts