Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so recently Ive had some very annoying problems with crashing...
I can run any game i want just fine in game no artifact no crashing but when i exit the game Ive got about 2 seconds then my computer will black screen and restart... at 1st i thought it was the beta drivers for bf3 but i did a clean install of windows and put in the released drivers (180.26) and i still have this problem..., is this a card problem or something else?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lmao its stock, and if it was unstable overclock dont you think itd crash IN GAME?

·
Registered
761 Posts
Go read the reviews on Newegg for this card. It is an unstable OC. It has been reported by numerous people.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Then why does it only crash out of game, and when you say overclock im assuaging u mean factory overclock.. should i down clock it to the 773 or whatever the stock is for 580?

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiliCheeseFritos
View Post

Go read the reviews on Newegg for this card. It is an unstable OC. It has been reported by numerous people.

^This. Zotac under volts their AMP! cards, causing instability. Try upping the voltage in MSI Afterburner and run some stability tests to make sure it works properly.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
this is an MSI lightning edition

·
Registered
761 Posts
Yes. Lower the core to the stock level and see if you still have problems. If you still have problems then obviously you need to continue to troubleshoot. If you dont, then I would suggest you RMA the card. As to the why it crashes when it does, I do not have an answer for that. I do know that MSI is being accused of not binning their chips for this particular card as the multiple reports of unstable factory overclocks lead you to believe.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by karmuhhhh
View Post

^This. Zotac under volts their AMP! cards, causing instability. Try upping the voltage in MSI Afterburner and run some stability tests to make sure it works properly.

Or try this...

For some reason I did not even think of this solution.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGamefreak
View Post

this is an MSI lightning edition

Sorry, wrong thread. Thought I was in the thread with the user that had the Zotac AMP!

Same solution though. Up the voltage.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alright, so basically up the voltage or down the clocks

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGamefreak
View Post

Alright, so basically up the voltage or down the clocks

I would definitely up the voltage and check for stability. Downclocking would be counter-intuitive, as you would only downgrade the performance of your GPU.

Once you can verify you have a stable OC via ATI Tools and some benchmarks (Heaven 2.5, 3dMark11, etc), then see if the issue persists. I'm guessing (hoping) it won't.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Any recommended voltages idk wth the + means in afterburner so could anyone recommend a +50 or 100 or whatever

1 - 13 of 13 Posts