Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm in rochester, ny. and i have roadrunner/time warner internet.

i'd be downloading for awhile then my whole internet just goes down. or after i've downloaded the internet just goes down. is it the service or is it my router? the usual fix for me is to unplug the router or modem to restart the whole thing.

my router is a linksys WRT150N. anyone have any ideas how i can optimize my network and stop it from crashing on me?

·
Expand Always in Always
4,596 Posts
I think he meant 100,unless your running 1000.Did this just start happening?Are you using torrents or whatever?This could very well be your ISP a cap of some sort.Have you tried opening a port for the dl program your using?If you are using one.

·
Premium Member
8,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i've asked my isp about caps and i don't have any caps. thankfully.
i have ports open and such. i do use torrents too.

what about my other comps on my network? i have another that is connected via ethernet then the rest are connected via wireless. what duplex should i set the other wired comp? what about the wireless comps? what can i do to optimize the network?

right now it is set at 100full. i have the option for 1000full but the connection won't start up again so i guess that one is not really an option after all.

i realized i didn't answer one of your questions. nah, this has been happening for quite a while.

·
Expand Always in Always
4,596 Posts
Leave it set at 100,update your firmware if possible standard(linksys website) or get dd-wrt.Get the latest drivers for your nic's.I'll take a look a your routers configuration docs and post back if I get anything more.

·
Expand Always in Always
4,596 Posts
Yes set it to 100 also,it won't be necessary for wireless.

• Rep+
Reactions: nafljhy

·
Premium Member
8,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
wow, it helped alot! thanks guys!

if i usually download through the night, i'd have a dead connection by the time i woke up. i did that last night and it was still live. thanks again. do tell me if theer are more optimizations i could do.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts