Overclock.net banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey lads and gals was wondering if someone can help me with my computer my spec is below. i keep getting a message saying yad yada program needs to close and i reload it again. i have checked my cu and ram and they are fine but there is no way for me to tell if i need a bigger power supply or my motherboard is goosed its only started doing strange things when i run games and other high resource applications like rendering that the computer shuts down. i hear that if you have a low wattage psu this could cause the system to crash under full load. i also retrieved a few error codes and descriptions( page fault in non paged area and bug code usb driver any help would be very much appreciated

·
Banned
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but i tested the ram for over 48 hours and its fine
also i have tried it with a pair of ocz gold stick with the same effect happening. is there not a program that i can se to see if im overloading the psu

·
Administrator
64,466 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by daz4400x2

but i tested the ram for over 48 hours and its fine
also i have tried it with a pair of ocz gold stick with the same effect happening. is there not a program that i can se to see if im overloading the psu

Well its definately not your ram...Whats the amps on your 12v rail on your PSU ..if its found not to be your PSU it could be a dodgy driver on windows..This can be a common problem

·
Administrator
64,466 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by daz4400x2

the 12v rail is at 18amps
any ideas

There is your problem there mate 18 amps on the 12v rail isnt all that good for the stuff in your system you want atlesy 20-25 amps really.

·
Registered
901 Posts
18 amps is not enough to run your set. Do you have a overclock as well? If so, reset to stock speeds and see if you still have the problem. It I were you I would get a better PSU as soon as you can. Some thing on the lines of this PSU

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817709003

You have alot of money in that rig and this PSU will give you future upgrades and peace of mind for years to come and it will also run you rig with no problems even with a NICE overclock

·
Administrator
64,466 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sufiankane

eh? sprry to hijack this topic but i have a 15A on my 12V rail...with my seytup is that really bad???

The only thing giving your PSU a hard tome would be your g-card AT THE MOMENT YOU SEEM FINE but i would reccomend getting atleast 20 amps if you decide to oc.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts