Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
at this moment my computer is sucking in air from outside that is about -4 Degrees Celsius, normally it will get down to anything from 0 to 4 degrees Celsius with my freezer pro 7, well i went home from college for the holidays and i think that my cooler might have been jarred in transport, the coolest i am getting with AMD Cool and Quiet and C1E on at stock everything is about 17-25 degrees Celsius. is this off or am i crazy??

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_Patrick;12026822
I wouldn't complain with those temps
biggrin.gif

You could try reseating the heatsink and go from there
well the part that is bothering me is that i used to get lower temps than that at a much higher voltage with a quite good OC, but now at stock i am running hotter than my OC did

also reseating means new TIM right??? any suggestions i have never had to do any of this before and am kinda a noob at all this kinda maintenance

·
Scrub since 2010
1,837 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_Patrick;12026822
I wouldn't complain with those temps
biggrin.gif

You could try reseating the heatsink and go from there
^^^ This

I would Marry those temps
tongue.gif

Do what he said... Try a reseating

very simple .... first (GET AWAY from the cold temperature), heat up your computer for like 30 minutes... so that the current TIM gets softer...

Turn it off... then Remove the heatsink.... then use cloth + Rubbing Alcohol to clean the old TIM from the Heatsink & the CPU... afterwards... add 1 single pea sized drop on the center of the CPU & place back in the heatsink.

that is the basic way to do a reseating

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by sendblink23;12026878
^^^ This

I would Marry those temps
tongue.gif

Do what he said... Try a reseating

very simple .... first (GET AWAY from the cold temperature), heat up your computer for like 30 minutes... so that the current TIM gets softer...

Turn it off... then Remove the heatsink.... then use cloth + Rubbing Alcohol to clean the old TIM from the Heatsink & the CPU... afterwards... add 1 single pea sized drop on the center of the CPU & place back in the heatsink.

that is the basic way to do a reseating
what though, is there one brand or type that is better??

·
Premium Member
5,295 Posts

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well i know i need to do this pretty fast, i closed my window and ran it for a wile and it idled at 42 C that is a little warm for a Athlon II

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok quick simple question to go along with this, i dont actually have any rubbing alcohol seeing as i am at my dorm not at home but i do have some alcohol prep pads from a small medical kit i got, will these work just as well???

1 - 8 of 8 Posts