Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i get some weird sound from my speakers that goes like this: "put, put,put" endlessly. it does it sometimes, other times it doesn't. what's up with that?

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
took away everything w/ a signal in it, the only thing that might conflict with it might be my wireless router... is that it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by spookedjunglist

it could be from a cellphone near by.. i had this problem with a car stereo..

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ATVkid*AFZ*

took away everything w/ a signal in it, the only thing that might conflict with it might be my wireless router... is that it?

Possibly, but i would havce to hear it to be able to tell if it was truely from a RF signal, I know its pretty sad but after doing Audio for so many years you know exactly what every noise is from

Example i worked in a hotel doing an audio record for a groupe that was publishing the recordings to CD, and they had a rediculous Buzz, so i listened to the buzz then went into the back hall and listened to all the things and a ice machine almost sounded like the buzz so i had them unplug it and the buzz went away

If you can record it i could give you an almost definate answer.. it could even be line noise in your MOBO if its onboard sound, but thats unlikely.
most RF signals will sound kinda like
Aduk duk duk Aduk....

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok, i'll make a recording of it. do you want it amplified?
Quote:

if its from amplified speakers with a sub, and the noise is from the sub, it could be something internal, you can find out by conecting to another source, like a cd player or radio

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok, i recorded it and then played it back into my headphones. nothing. must be the speakers, what can i do to fix it?

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ATVkid*AFZ*

ok, i'll make a recording of it. do you want it amplified?

Just so i can hear it ok is fine

it might take me untill tonight to hear it, because im TEching a show all day, so in like 5 hours i can listen too it

this show is so boring, its a meeting for Anestheisieologists [SP] another words they put people to sleep for a living, i am having to stand to stay awake

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeap, hooked up some headphones i know work fine, and i've come to the conclusion that it is indeed the speakers.
Quote:

so you took the speakers out of the loop and there was no sound??

Must be the speakers then...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts