1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
using the 1090T BE
here is the problem:
Done a clock to 4 ghz at 1.450vcore in bios, but when i enter windows to do the prime95 test for heat etc, i get a bluescreen.
After some investigation i check the CPU-Z and see that the core voltage is not at 1.450 as i put it in the bios but at 1.480 and flying around.
this is at 0% load.

the cool'n'Q is off and other boost features. but if i might have overlooked something please give me a name.
It also spikes to 1.500 some times, recently it was at 2.002 for under a sec.

And when i start the prime95 it drops to 1.400 and thus the bluescreen apairs cause the cpu gets too little volt.
What to do? How to prevent this and get a more stable system?

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I think your board may be faulty.

What does the BIOS read for Vcore at idle? Also, what do the readings show at stock VID?

·
Riding on the edge
3,275 Posts
Have you tried enabling LLC? From what I've seen most 1090T can hit 4.0 using only 1.39-1.41v Vcore.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Par for the course with this mobo I'm afraid. Massive vboost at idle and massive vdroop at load. Gigabyte have so far said the vdroop is normal, they have not yet commented on the vboost issue. There is no LLC control in the BIOS.

http://www.overclock.net/amd-motherboards/1023100-official-gigabyte-ga-990fxa-series-owners.html

http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,5939.0.html

I would also ask you to contact Gigabyte about this issue, the more of us that do the more likely they will do something about it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the link read and they say wait for the f5 bios update, it will be fixed then.

" The only advice I can give is to show a little patience. Gigabyte are aware of this issue and hopefully we will see a new BIOS pretty quickly, that does resolve the problem. "

Atleast my motherboard aint faulty, cause i atm i cba to take that apart again.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts