Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a feeling this CPU (3500X) is crippled. It works but the IMC is buggered.
Diffused in USA/Diffused in Taiwan, Made in Indonesia.

According to ClockTuner for Ryzen (CTR) 1.1 beta 7, its a Bronze silicon, recommended not to go above 4075MHz.

In PerformanceTest 10 above 2133MHz RAM. All RAM speeds fail above 2133MHz.

On running PCMARK10 it gives an error.

I have it for less than a month. Should I return it? I guess the IMC is crippled. Whats your suggestions?

·
Premium Member
10,113 Posts
What are your ram and soc voltages? Single 16 gb stick?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What are your ram and soc voltages? Single 16 gb stick?
I have set of 32GB. But my brother is waiting for his RAM, meanwhile is using one of my sticks.
If I run with the set of 2 sticks the problem remains.
Why is the CPU failling the 'Physics' test above RAM 2133MHz.

Answering your question of voltages, here is the HWiNFO64 when running at 2133MHz and 3200MHz.

·
Premium Member
10,113 Posts
It looks like both ram and soc voltages are pretty conservative. I think you can go to 1.4 volts on the ram and try bumping up the soc volts as well. If that doesn't get it, try setting it to XAMP 3600 and try running it at 2933mhz .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It looks like both ram and soc voltages are pretty conservative. I think you can go to 1.4 volts on the ram and try bumping up the soc volts as well. If that doesn't get it, try setting it to XAMP 3600 and try running it at 2933mhz .
I did run RAM in different speeds up to 4000MHz. Screens to show it.
But I still think the CPU itself is crippled. How come it fails PerformanceTest 10 'Physics' CPU test

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RAM XMP (3600MHz)
Note: This motherboard puts up the RAM voltage 2 notches. The XMP voltage is 1.35v, motherboard sets it up to 1.37v

·
Premium Member
10,113 Posts
I meant that the Xamp will set the timings so they should work at 3600mhz , if you set the frequency at 2933mhz with the timings at the more relaxed 3600mhz values, it will be easier for it to retain stability.

Most likely , voltages are too low to the soc or ram is why it's crashing.

·
Premium Member
10,113 Posts
Would that happen to have been a refurbished X570 board ? The bios version doesn't make sense to me....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I meant that the Xamp will set the timings so they should work at 3600mhz , if you set the frequency at 2933mhz with the timings at the more relaxed 3600mhz values, it will be easier for it to retain stability.

Most likely , voltages are too low to the soc or ram is why it's crashing.
Why does the Performance test 10 CPU test passes with RAM speed of 2133, but fails at any other RAM speeds?
The CPU does not have a problem to run RAM speeds suggested by AMD for ryzen 3xxx., divided 1:1.
The problem might not be the IMC, but some other sub-component of the CPU.
I don't think it has to do anything with voltages.

·
Premium Member
10,113 Posts
Why does the Performance test 10 CPU test passes with RAM speed of 2133, but fails at any other RAM speeds?
The CPU does not have a problem to run RAM speeds suggested by AMD for ryzen 3xxx., divided 1:1.
The problem might not be the IMC, but some other sub-component of the CPU.
I don't think it has to do anything with voltages.
You're most welcome to think anything you want but that won't change the fact that the lower the frequency at a given set of timings the less voltage required to maintain stability ( that's why 2133 passes). Enabling Xamp settings for 3600 mhz is an easy way of relaxing the timings to a point where they should be stable at lower frequencies. If you don't want to mess with the voltages , try leaving them where they are and simply choose LLC setting of "1" for both ram and soc. This will boost voltages above their settings in bios slightly. 2933 mhz should run at the XAMP settings at soc voltage of 1.2 and ram voltage of 1.4 . Try at your own risk.

·
ٴٴٴ╲⎝⧹˙͜>˙⧸⎠╱
6,316 Posts
if it isn't stable at anything less than 3200 (jedec or below) I'd say just return it and get a replacement

·
Top kek
3,578 Posts
Are you sure, that you are using the CORRECT RAM slot? Also, is the BIOS the latest one?

·
Premium Member
10,113 Posts
Are you sure, that you are using the CORRECT RAM slot? Also, is the BIOS the latest one?
Slot 2 is correct on the unify for single dimm

·
Premium Member
10,113 Posts
Any updates to offer?

·
Top kek
3,578 Posts
Did u try memtest 86?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts