Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed Crisis on my pc. I have Vista 64 with all the updates, I have installed the 3 patches to Crisis, registered it, read through the faq's. Still, nothing to explain why it locks my computer up when I try to play the game. I have to reboot it to get the pc back. What am I missing?

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
After reviewing your computer specs, i cant really see why it "locks" your computer. give this a try... unstall crysis and try re-installing it and just let it install, dont do anything else until its done.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I already tried the un/re install. Same thing. Installed the patches. Same thing. I play GTR2 maxed with 20 cars on the track and it plays beautifully. I will wait for EA tech support tomorrow and give them a call. Its probably something so simple I will feel stupid later. At least I hope so.

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
Do you have any overclocks going on? If so, reduce everything to stock and see if the problem goes away. If your computer completely freezes during gameplay and needs to be powered off/rebooted, it's typically hardware-related in some way.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
My Windows 7 cant run Crysis with 64bit shortcut. Try 32bit shortcut, that might help.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just got off the phone with Crytech. It has them stumped too. It didnt even load the game on to program files. Seems to be some things missing. I have to go the long way, through the HDD to find the bit64 execute. I sent them a copy of my DX diagnostic and a supervisor will get back with me.

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,225 Posts
This is what I did when my crysis was not working:

Uninstalled it using RevoUninstaller
uninstalled all my video drivers
restarted
reinstalled video drivers
restarted
reinstalled crysis and its patches
restarted
Run crysis.

It worked for me

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Hardware lock. Is this the only DX10 game that this happens with? Have you uninstalled, driverswept, and reinstalled your video card drivers? What about turning off SLI and seeing if its bridge/driver related? For fun try running bios defaults with your RAM set at 1:1 with the manufacturers SPD timings and see how that goes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts