Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have extra border crossing fees with Case labs to Canada or els were. if so what did you buy and what was the cost plz and thx from what i want its going to be at least $750 ish for the case and shipping just don't what to pay another $500 for border crossing or tax and re tax and re packaged and scanned and cheeked for drug's or w/e they do if you no what i mean. I no there sapos to be a 12% Canadian thing but that should only be $90

·
M2N Fan
2,863 Posts
If you did not pay GST/HST at time of purchase, you will be charged it(on declared value) when it passes through customs.
Whether shipping is by post or courier,payment is due on delivery before they will release it.
Any border crossing fee/s should be included in the International shipping costs.

Gyro

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how would they no i payed tax's or not. its not like they post that on the box. im guessing its the same as shipping any box across the border. you put in the description what it is, what the valu is, and its better to send as a gift. the shipping company decides what to add on to it or even Canada post. I had a paintball marker cross the border and the guy dint no how to do it right. well it got stopped at the border and i ended up sending it back and paying more shipping so i lost $100 shipping but anyway UPS said if it did get across ied have to pay 12% Canadian tax on the valu that was listed. the guy put $650 but i only payed $450 and personally its not valed at $450 lol sadly i can only get a m8 + pedestal with USPS

·
Registered
19 Posts
You will get nailed with HST and brokerage fees if it was sent via UPS or Fedex. USPS and Canada post will not handle such large packages AFAIK.

Once guy on here paid around $150 for shipping & handling plus additional charges for HST and brokerage.

My TH10 is being sent by Fedex so I'm expecting a hefty tax and brokerage bill. A $480 case will be around $1000 by the time it gets here with all of the extra accessories I ordered. Oh well, gotta pay to play.....as the saying goes.

·
Registered
19 Posts
It's nice to know that the brokerage fees are included. Cross-border charges always seems to be so random when having stuff shipped here.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I ordered a TH10 about a month ago, the breakdown was this:

Shipping to Stouville Ontario, Canada.

TH10 + XL Window $505.90 USD
Shipping + Handling $156.00 USD
Total $661.90 USD

When the product got to my door, I had to pay 13% HST on the $505.90. The key here is that you are paying HST on the $505.90 USD (I can't find my receipts right now) . The gov't will work out the USD to CAD rate at the time of shipping and calculate the charges.

It basically worked to $65.77 via credit card to the guy delivering the HUGE box
smile.gif

As noted by caselabs, the $156 USD Shipping + Handling includes any brokerage fees that the shipper has.

All worth it, knowing that I will be using this case FOREVER and be handing it down for generations to come
smile.gif

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
i ordered a M8
shipping was by USPS/Canadapost to Moncton, New Brunswick,

case + some addons + shipping cost around $600

the Canadapost guy asked me another $118 for taxe and other thing

total of the cost was around $700, this case worth more than that

1 - 8 of 8 Posts