Overclock.net banner

Cross Country Rockit Delid Tool Extravaganza

15017 365
So since I don't plan on delidding anything for a while and feel sorry for all those overheating Kaby's with hampered performance due to Intel's pigeon poop paste I want to give people the opportunity to pop the top off their CPU's with no casualties. So this is how it works. I will ship the tool out to the first person on the list and afterwards each person will be responsible for sending it to the next person. The last person on the list will be responsible for sending it back to me. I'll also be including the RTV silcone in case you choose to relid. Be advised that this tool can also be used to delid Ivy, Haswell, Devil's Canyon, and Skylake. Please be advised that I am only including the relidder tool for the 1150/1151 sockets. 1155's utilize a different tool for relidding.

Requirements

• Minimum Rep: 35
  • Member for at least a year
  • US48 Only
I will leave this open to 20 members. Once the queue is filled I'll ship it out to the first person on the list.

Members should use the tool and have it shipped to the next person by two to three days of receiving it. Please send me a PM once you ship it to the next person so that I can track progress. Also, as I am doing this as a favor to the community, I expect to receive the tool back in the same condition it initially went out in (perfect condition and no missing parts!). If there's anything missing when you receive it please let me know ASAP.

Rockit's Queue List

1. lynxxyarly (delid complete!)
  2. WannaBeOCer (delid complete!)
  3. Dermen (delid complete!)
  4. Ceadderman (delid complete!)
  5. Dimensive (delid complete!)
  6. bfe_vern (delid complete!)
  7. RuneDunes (delid complete!)
  8. Inelastic (delid complete!)
  9. b0oMeR (delid complete!)
  10. cdnGhost (delid complete!)
  11. wholeeo (delid complete!)
  12. OldChicken (delid complete!)
  13. stephenn82 (delid complete!)
  14. DesertRat (delid complete!)
  15. Iceman2733 (delid complete!)
  16. Ceadderman
  17. Nintendo Maniac 64
Lord Xeb's 1155 Socket Rockit's Queue List

stephenn82's Rockit's Queue List
  1. killerhz
  2. KuufA
wholeeo's Rockit Tools Journey

Blessed be them overclocks.

Rockit's Cross Country Journey so Far Part 1!
Rockit's Cross Country Journey so Far Part 2!
321 - 340 of 366 Posts

· 46 Cans of Ravioli
36,840 Posts
I don't need to be put on the list anymore, ordered my own kit
biggrin.gif

· Master of Black Snow
19,261 Posts
Still waiting patiently. Got my CLU onboard the 4790 and have some left over for the client build.
biggrin.gif

~Ceadder
smil3dbd4e4c2e742.gif

· Registered
10,524 Posts
man wish i had seen this a few months ago when i was san diego so we could have de lidded my friends stock i7, even stock with an aftermarket heatsink, it runs toasty.

· Premium Member
8,982 Posts
How's everything going since your delids guys? The kit(s) make their rounds and back home?

BTW Thank you again; you made possible my 24x7 4.8Ghz 3770k. Seeing the 2700k vs. 8700k benchmarks, makes me happy I stuck with this chip.

· Banned
8,594 Posts
Just want to give an update. When I first de-lidded my CPU it was in the summer. It was hitting 100C+ before I de-lidded it. After de-lidding using thermal grizzly conductonaut without re-sealing it the CPU dropped to 65-72C max with an ambient of 90F

Now with an ambient of 52F

Idle

30 minutes of max load with AVX

· Pigeon Poop Enthusiast
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #327 ·
Nice update guys. I'm going to try to get this thing going this week again if all goes according to plan. If still interested either post here or shoot me a PM so we can get this thing started again.

· Master of Black Snow
19,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wholeeo View Post

Nice update guys. I'm going to try to get this thing going this week again if all goes according to plan. If still interested either post here or shoot me a PM so we can get this thing started again.
Interested in delidding a 4790k.
smile.gif

~Ceadder
smil3dbd4e4c2e742.gif

· Pigeon Poop Enthusiast
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #329 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceadderman View Post

Interested in delidding a 4790k.
smile.gif

~Ceadder
smil3dbd4e4c2e742.gif
Added.

· Registered
1,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shweller View Post

Bummer I dont have the rep to be considered. Just picked up a 7700K that is not the best in regards to temps. Delidding my 4670k was awesome as far as results go.
Did you ask Whooleo?

· Registered
374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenn82 View Post

Did you ask Whooleo?
I did but didn't get a response so I just ended up purchasing one since I have to take my cooling water loop apart due an algae infection.

· Registered
1,670 Posts
Sorry bout that. :/

Glad you got parts coming though!

· Registered
1,670 Posts
Newsflash!

The second kit will be coming online here in a bit...Once we get it hashed out ( @kfxsti) and I will get it ready to ship to next person on the list! be patient, it may be a few days
biggrin.gif

Mr Scott
@morencyam
You guys still need this baby?

· Premium Member
4,900 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenn82 View Post

Newsflash!

The second kit will be coming online here in a bit...Once we get it hashed out ( @kfxsti) and I will get it ready to ship to next person on the list! be patient, it may be a few days
biggrin.gif

Mr Scott
@morencyam
You guys still need this baby?
Nope. Ended up just using the razor blade method.

· Registered
1,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerhz View Post

is this compatible with the4790k? If so sign me up please.
my chip @ 1.28 4.7 is hitting 74c under a custom water cool...
Yes.

321 - 340 of 366 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.