Overclock.net banner

Cross Country Rockit Delid Tool Extravaganza

15014 365
So since I don't plan on delidding anything for a while and feel sorry for all those overheating Kaby's with hampered performance due to Intel's pigeon poop paste I want to give people the opportunity to pop the top off their CPU's with no casualties. So this is how it works. I will ship the tool out to the first person on the list and afterwards each person will be responsible for sending it to the next person. The last person on the list will be responsible for sending it back to me. I'll also be including the RTV silcone in case you choose to relid. Be advised that this tool can also be used to delid Ivy, Haswell, Devil's Canyon, and Skylake. Please be advised that I am only including the relidder tool for the 1150/1151 sockets. 1155's utilize a different tool for relidding.

Requirements

• Minimum Rep: 35
  • Member for at least a year
  • US48 Only
I will leave this open to 20 members. Once the queue is filled I'll ship it out to the first person on the list.

Members should use the tool and have it shipped to the next person by two to three days of receiving it. Please send me a PM once you ship it to the next person so that I can track progress. Also, as I am doing this as a favor to the community, I expect to receive the tool back in the same condition it initially went out in (perfect condition and no missing parts!). If there's anything missing when you receive it please let me know ASAP.

Rockit's Queue List

1. lynxxyarly (delid complete!)
  2. WannaBeOCer (delid complete!)
  3. Dermen (delid complete!)
  4. Ceadderman (delid complete!)
  5. Dimensive (delid complete!)
  6. bfe_vern (delid complete!)
  7. RuneDunes (delid complete!)
  8. Inelastic (delid complete!)
  9. b0oMeR (delid complete!)
  10. cdnGhost (delid complete!)
  11. wholeeo (delid complete!)
  12. OldChicken (delid complete!)
  13. stephenn82 (delid complete!)
  14. DesertRat (delid complete!)
  15. Iceman2733 (delid complete!)
  16. Ceadderman
  17. Nintendo Maniac 64
Lord Xeb's 1155 Socket Rockit's Queue List

stephenn82's Rockit's Queue List
  1. killerhz
  2. KuufA
wholeeo's Rockit Tools Journey

Blessed be them overclocks.

Rockit's Cross Country Journey so Far Part 1!
Rockit's Cross Country Journey so Far Part 2!
341 - 360 of 366 Posts

· Registered
1,670 Posts

· Premium Member
6,249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenn82 View Post

You amazon?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01A9KIGSI

Or

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0039RY3MM

Silicone to relid

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0002UEN1U

You have a relid tool right? Clear nail polish can be used to cover tiny bits under IHS. Any will do from a store.

I dont know about KFX kit, but Whooleo's had all of the stuff you needed inside...Delid, relid tools, CLU, plastic razors, permatex RTV, various bits you need, etc.
don't have a relid tool at all. I hav nothing but a CPU lol.
let me know know anything else I need then be dope lol...

· Registered
1,670 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerhz View Post

don't have a relid tool at all. I hav nothing but a CPU lol.
let me know know anything else I need then be dope lol...
nope, its all in the box...so dont buy anything yet. I just placed an order for an ivy/sandy tool (1155) and hopefully it will be here before the weekend...I am waiting on the box from my boy, and will have it shipped to you once I get it all together. Get to delidding after that!

· Registered
1,670 Posts
Update on kit #2.
It will be shipped to me Tuesday. Once i receive it, i will toss in the 1155 lidding tools and forward it on to Killerhz

· Registered
1,670 Posts
This needs some momentum people!! Who else needs a delid?

You get a delid...YOU get a delid....and YOU get a DELID.

DELIDS FOR EVERYONE!

For real, who needs to get their hands on a kit? KillerHZ is up next for KFX's list. Its still en route. My 1155/1156 topper is sitting waiting to be boxed and forwarded on for use!

· Old To Overclock.net
2,407 Posts
I would like to sign up for it.. But ill probably just use the vice method that I have used before on my 6700k.

I am assuming the 8700k can be "viced" out? Already bought the Cyronaut stuff just waiting for them to come in but if the tool is "easier" i guess I can be put on the list providing I can get it in a ~week.

· Registered
1,670 Posts
You didnt snap your chip in the vice? The skylake is much thinner than the Haswell chips. Yes, you can be added to the list. I still am awaiting arrival of the second kit to prep to ship. Want in??

· Pigeon Poop Enthusiast
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #349 ·
Holy crap, what on earth did they do to the forum. Anyways, I think I'm back for sure now :). Once I have a queue started for my kit I'll ship it out. Apologies to all of you that may have PM'd me with no response.

· Registered
1,670 Posts
I know, right? Forum looks all new and stuff....

I am still standing by for the box. I do have relid tool for 1155/6 chips though. I dont know if the relid tool can be used without the block to set things up. There is an extra random and strange part I havent seen before...and the relid with thumb screw that I know is used with the delidding block.

· Old To Overclock.net
2,407 Posts
You didnt snap your chip in the vice? The skylake is much thinner than the Haswell chips. Yes, you can be added to the list. I still am awaiting arrival of the second kit to prep to ship. Want in??
I didn't just was extra careful when doing it. While it was quite thin It fared quite well but i would like to take the safer way. How long do you think you would need before you could send it? I don't really need to reseal it.

· Registered
1,670 Posts
It has been a while, I apologize. I just ordered a kit for my own use and once I receive it, will put my other items in the box, and begin the process to get through the list for second kit.

· Pigeon Poop Enthusiast
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #353 ·
I've updated the original post now that stephenn82 will be taking care of the 2nd kit's tour. My kit has been back in my possession for quite some time now so if anyone wants to be added to my list just give me a shout.

· Pigeon Poop Enthusiast
4,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #355 ·
Is it too late to get in on this with my Pentium G3258? Missing out on this thread is what I get for not checking the freebies subforum for like two years...
I'll have you added to my list. Soonest I can ship it out to you is on Monday. PM me your address. :thumb:

· Registered
1,670 Posts
@KuuFA where you at man? no responses for getting that delid tool to you.

• Rep+
Reactions: killerhz

· Registered
1,260 Posts
Don't think I qualify due to Rep, but I'd be very interested in getting my 8700k delided! :-D

· Registered
2,102 Posts
I'll have you added to my list. Soonest I can ship it out to you is on Monday. PM me your address. :thumb:
...what the crap, I have daily email notification for this thread enabled and yet no email was received. o_O And no, it's not in "spam" either.

So that's why I'm nearly 2 weeks late to reply. :p Are the requirements unchanged, just PMing you my address and that's it?

· Registered
1,589 Posts
So, its been a year since I've delidded my 7700k and I said I would check back in. The temps has stayed the same since then. For the same ambient temp nothing has changed which is a good thing! If I switch my HSF to something better than the Evo 212 I would probably get it to drop a few more degrees. But I am happy where its at and I am just going to let this rig chug along! Once again, thanks Wholeoo for the service you provided to this community!

341 - 360 of 366 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.