Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, being that multi-GPU systems have been out for a long time, what is the consensus solution for GPU's that run at a low usage? Drivers? Component Bottlenecking?

I've got 2x 5770's with a PII 720 Triple core running @ 3.21 ghz that has the last core unlocked. 13.12 Drivers just updated. The GPU's (Playing War Thunder) don't get above 50% usage unless at a load screen, which obviously doesn't matter. When they do, the frames shoot up to ~80. In game they're around 45% and I get ~ 30 fps. CFX off I get ~ 50 fps. Is the CPU too weak? Ram not enough (8 gigs)? I've had this problem with multiple games. I think I've had one game (crysis) that has benefitted from two GPU's and actually pushed them to near 100%.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
100% your CPU

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm, that same game is going through testing phases with different forces (Air/ground/sea). On testing the ground forces I got high GPU usage on both cards (90%+) but not with air. I'll have to chalk this up to developer software issues. Seems my computer is perfectly capable of utilizing both cards.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts