Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yeah, my mobo claims that it can crossfire another ATI Radeon card in the HD 4300 range.
Problem is, Im not so sure. I have a HD 4200 onboard, and a HD4350 in my pci slot.
The manual(s) say that it will automatically configure the CrossfireX configs, but it hasnt done so.
Halp?

·
Premium Member
3,001 Posts
If it is a 4200 onboard, you can not pair with a 4300. Generally it can pair if the first two numbers of the model are the same. For example the 4870 can pair with a 4890, but not a 4770. It is more likely it is talking about hybrid crossfire, where if you were using a powerful card it could offload small tasks to the 4200 when not doing anything GPU intensive to save power. Not sure about that though.

·
Premium Member
11,321 Posts
gotta keep them in line, 48XX HD cards were different because you could Xfire them with a mix and match within the 48XX, however with your set up you shouldnt be able to hybrid Xfire at all

·
Iconoclast
30,639 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by LemonSlice View Post
If it is a 4200 onboard, you can not pair with a 4300. Generally it can pair if the first two numbers of the model are the same. For example the 4870 can pair with a 4890, but not a 4770. It is more likely it is talking about hybrid crossfire, where if you were using a powerful card it could offload small tasks to the 4200 when not doing anything GPU intensive to save power. Not sure about that though.
Fasdkfdahdckingg gahhhh. Thanks.

Another question; Should I return this GFX card then? I mean..it was like, 40$..
i http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...350%20gigabyte

·
Premium Member
3,001 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ilvdrftng
View Post

Fasdkfdahdckingg gahhhh. Thanks.

Another question; Should I return this GFX card then? I mean..it was like, 40$..
i http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...350%20gigabyte

Well, it's not exactly the most powerful video card ever especially if you intend to game on it. I would return it and either get a better one or use the onboard because the 4350 isn't capable of that much anyway.

·
Registered
4,504 Posts
ya i'd return it and then save some money for a 5770 or higher or you could wait for the next gen of cards since they are coming soon

·
Overclocked by Jesus
4,759 Posts
Hybrid crossfire is a strange thing and AMD doesn't give us a whole lot of info on it. And the pairing is not as easy as those above suggest. Take, for instance, the newer 890 chipsets. They have a 4250 and 4290 IGP that pairs up with a 5450? How does that make sense? I don't know but that is what works with them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts