Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been having issues with this mobo since day one (2 days ago)
i was having issues booting to windows from before, and the only way for me to boot to windows was to clear CMOS EVERY time i shut down. pain in the ass.
so i thought if i update BIOS and install chipset drivers it would help me!
WRONG
intead it made things worse. i cant POST!!
the 'DRAM' post LED lights up. and doesnt progress after that. it passes CPU but now when it hits DRAM it stops!

can you help me? i have been fighting with this crap eversince i got this mobo, and i am about to throw this PoS out the window and shoot it with a 50 cal if i cant make this work.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,851 Posts
Do a hard clear on the CMOS by removing the battery for a few minutes. Then put the battery back in and see if it POSTs. That may fix it.
 
  • Rep+
Reactions: Enfluenza

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:


Originally Posted by Dopamin3
View Post

Do a hard clear on the CMOS by removing the battery for a few minutes. Then put the battery back in and see if it POSTs. That may fix it.

OK
im about to go to sleep so i guess i'll take it out over night.
anymore suggestions?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,851 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Enfluenza
View Post

OK
im about to go to sleep so i guess i'll take it out over night.
anymore suggestions?

Nope.

If it was POSTing before the bios update, the hardware is most likely fine and seated correctly. I would just clear the CMOS.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:


Originally Posted by Dopamin3
View Post

Nope.

If it was POSTing before the bios update, the hardware is most likely fine and seated correctly. I would just clear the CMOS.

ok awesome
i'll put it back in 2morrow morning
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok it didnt work. same issue.
you know what? IVE HAD IT WITH THIS PIECE OF ****.
im returning this mofo right now.
skrew ASUS. i dont think i'll buy their mobos for a while, unless the Crosshair V is better than this piece of crap.

im buying a 890FXA GD70 and be done
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:


Originally Posted by mental.patient
View Post

Im sure there is a reasonable explanation :/

and...?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
327 Posts
1) You bought an open box. That was someone's problem they got rid of.

2) You may have shorted something out when you had the issue with not installing the motherboard in to the IO shield correctly.

Just return it for a refund & buy what you want.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:


Originally Posted by SpaceCowboy
View Post

1) You bought an open box. That was someone's problem they got rid of.

2) You may have shorted something out when you had the issue with not installing the motherboard in to the IO shield correctly.

Just return it for a refund & buy what you want.

ok.
is the GD70 a good buy? i want to OC at 4.0Ghz 24/7 and not face instability/exploding chokes
nvm, this thread is kinda solved now so i will make another 'which mobo' thread.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top