Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The threat title may make it sound easy. But here is the situation.

I flashed my Asus Crosshair motherboard with the newest version of bios. after the boot up screen it goes to load windows and i get an error saying "error loading OS" So i find out that the bios update switched my raid drive as primary and my main OS HD as secondary. Now that i fixed that, windows run fine. It wont detect my XF-i Xtreme Audio Card. It shows it plugged in and with updated *this device is working* but doesn't work. Volume's up still nothing, un-installed all the proper files and then re-installed,etc. Tried finding a section under BIOS to see if it's deselected. Can't find anything.

Got any pointers to help me out?

Thanks,
Adam

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i got it to work. But Not the way you posted. Im not saying your way doesn't work. But i COUDLN'T load safe mode. everytime i try it would show the page or two of directory files trying to load and my computer would restart after 10 seconds of trying to load safe mode. The audio driver took me 3 times to install because it was randomly giving me a blue screen of death mid install the first two times, and the 3rd was the lucky one. I have a feeling my computer is done. I tried starting it an hour ago. I didn't get video or HD buzz. I had to turn it off and reboot it 3-4 times before it "turned over" and booted.

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SilentSamurai View Post
well i got it to work. But Not the way you posted. Im not saying your way doesn't work. But i COUDLN'T load safe mode. everytime i try it would show the page or two of directory files trying to load and my computer would restart after 10 seconds of trying to load safe mode. The audio driver took me 3 times to install because it was randomly giving me a blue screen of death mid install the first two times, and the 3rd was the lucky one. I have a feeling my computer is done. I tried starting it an hour ago. I didn't get video or HD buzz. I had to turn it off and reboot it 3-4 times before it "turned over" and booted.
Woah lol there's obviously something bad going on. Is a fresh install an option?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea, thats whats gonna have to happen. Most programs take up to 2 minutes to open, and yes, my computer wants to boot when IT wants to boot. So it's time to reformat. Misplaced my key so im either gonna have to wait for windows 7 and deal with it till then, or make the plunge for a copy of vista. Not sure which to get though. oh well. It was bound to happen sooner or later.

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SilentSamurai View Post
Yea, thats whats gonna have to happen. Most programs take up to 2 minutes to open, and yes, my computer wants to boot when IT wants to boot. So it's time to reformat. Misplaced my key so im either gonna have to wait for windows 7 and deal with it till then, or make the plunge for a copy of vista. Not sure which to get though. oh well. It was bound to happen sooner or later.
Well just check that your hardware has vista drivers support then buy a vista copy and be available for a free windows 7 upgrade later.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts