Overclock.net banner
41 - 60 of 2,340 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MenacingTuba View Post

The best AHVA/IPS/PLS panels have faster pixel response times (less ghosting) than the best VA panels, and large IPS panels make better monitors since they do not suffer from gamma shift or the 'VA cone,' but both suffer from glow when viewing dark content. The glow free distance for both is likely around 121cm/4ft. Input lag is the result of cheaping out+laziness (using old scalers) or fancy tech, not panel type. Both of these will likely have 20ms delays.
Yes fancy tech like digital TV signal decoders that have to be physically disassemble. Why I was making a point about the Wasabi Mango being at TV not a Monitor. You make a good point about our panel technology advancing a lot over the past few years no doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poogobbler View Post

Yes fancy tech like digital TV signal decoders that have to be physically disassemble. Why I was making a point about the Wasabi Mango being at TV not a Monitor.
Gimmie PLS or IPS all day long. Sucks that it's all shifting to VA variants because I haven't had much luck with these on the gaming/color reproduction front. VERY hit and miss..

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalforce View Post

Gimmie PLS or IPS all day long. Sucks that it's all shifting to VA variants because I haven't had much luck with these on the gaming/color reproduction front. VERY hit and miss..
Love your UHF Avatar btw!! F*cking Classic movie lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by DividebyZERO View Post

Well dang... I don't think mine has shipped yet
Well mine was strange as it pretty much went from "Prepping to ship" to, BAM, it will be delivered tomorrow. I wonder if they've been bombarded by ordered.

I am trying not to get too excited about the display but with that price and specs, I am stoked to give it a whirl.
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Well mine was strange as it pretty much went from "Prepping to ship" to, BAM, it will be delivered tomorrow. I wonder if they've been bombarded by ordered.

I am trying not to get too excited about the display but with that price and specs, I am stoked to give it a whirl.
biggrin.gif
yeah, im stoked also. I have a feeling it will get overlooked simply because its not freesynch or gsynch..... I definitely want to see how it performs at lower resolutions. I may end up with 3 of these for eyefinity.

Quote:

biggrin.gif
Awesome stuff! Would you mind running some quick input lag and 4:4:4 test images once you have it up and running? I'm interested in picking this up later in the month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisius View Post

Awesome stuff! Would you mind running some quick input lag and 4:4:4 test images once you have it up and running? I'm interested in picking this up later in the month.
Same here. I am watching this closely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invisius View Post

Definitely. I am happy to do any tests or answer any questions that crop up.

I recently tried the Acer 32" 4K and it was a gorgeous display but the input lag was so bad, I sent it right back. Crossing finger for the 44k...
thumb.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poogobbler View Post

Yes fancy tech like digital TV signal decoders that have to be physically disassemble. Why I was making a point about the Wasabi Mango being at TV not a Monitor. You make a good point about our panel technology advancing a lot over the past few years no doubt.
The reason displays with TV tuners, ect have input lag is because the manufacturer decided to save money or not care (usually it's both). My 2008 VA LN46A950 is PWM free, has no input lag, supports 4:4:4 and has back-light strobing option when the PC mode is enabled, as did some of of the Sony W7-9 series VA TVs from 2014. Most TV lag numbers are inflated since reviewers used inaccurate testing methods (stop watch timer), including the Leo Bodnar device, but it's only around 5-10ms off.
Quote:

Definitely. I am happy to do any tests or answer any questions that crop up.
The refresh rate multi tool is the only free program which can be used to accurately test a displays delay. I'm not sure how you can test for stretching, or more importantly prove that the Crossover does not stretch content without using a camera and a tripod.

I’ve read that you can fix dead pixels with a little lite pressure and/or rubbing on the dead spot with a soft eraser. The dead pixel just means that contact with the electrical grid for that pixel is not complete. The terminology I’m using may not be correct but you get the message I think. Good luck I’m looking at this one or the analogous Phillips model. This is a lot of real estate for the money either way you go. The screen gets good reviews always tempered with "for the money" which to me means "bang for the buck"

I noticed that too. I'm waiting on a few member and amazon reviews before pulling the trigger.
redface.gif

41 - 60 of 2,340 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.