Overclock.net banner

Crucial ballistix: 1gb pc4000 or 2x512 pc3200

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have another quastion for ya which one should I get CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 512MB PC3200 CAS2 2-2-6 or CRUCIAL BALLISTIX 1024MB PC4000 CAS3 4-4-8 one has better timings and the other is faste. The modules are going to be on dfi lanparty sli-d, 3200+ s939

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
i use the 3200/400 512 x2 and have had the fsb upto 245 stable it is very good ram but for your board i wouldnt go for crucial i would go for corsair it has been proven to be the best for ocing and cn go further than the balistix

·
Banned
1,018 Posts
d say get the pc4000 cause of the guarenteed high speed, u could run that @ pc3200 @ good timings to!, but if u damaged ur ram 1GB is a LOT to loose

·
Banned
789 Posts
The larger the memory population the slower it is, and the harder to overclock it is. You also won't be able to run in dual channel mode if you run a single 1gb stick.

Your all around best bet is to get a good pair of 2 x 512 sticks, you could go with the Ballistix but there is some much better PC3200 on the market than that stuff. Check out Corsair XMS, OCZ Platinum Rev.2, and PQI Turbo (if you don't want to spend the money on the other two that I listed). The ram that I just listed can for the most part, considering you have good components around it, be taken above 250mhz. I'm running my OCZ stable at 270, and is stable at even higher speeds.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by *******

Check out Corsair XMS, OCZ Platinum Rev.2, and PQI Turbo

The problem is it's very hard to get good memory sticks here in slovenia they mostly sell generetic s***. But I can get the 512GB GeIL Ultra X PC4400 Cas 2-2-2-5 I heard it's good memory it's got TCCD chip's, how does it work with A64 and nf4 lanparty

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Duke

The DDR3200 Balistix @ anandtech... speeds settings etc..
http://www.anandtech.com/memory/showdoc.aspx?i=2145&p=9
It will run ddr500 @ CAS2.5-2-2-5

Since that time there have been some improvements in the PCB to improve speed and stability.

There arre some good articals on all the good stuff there
http://www.anandtech.com/memory/

By that reviews I'm impressed with the ballistix I'm def. getting them.I knew they were got but I didn't know that they were THAT god. I'm mean it beat the crap out of every other ddr, well maybe it was neck to neck with the OCZ.

·
Registered
840 Posts
If you're going to use it in a mobo that supports a vdimm up to 4.0v I would make use of that and get some nice Samsung TCCD chiped RAM or the OCZ VX series.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
if i were you i would get some ocz 3200 platinum rev 2. that stuff is the very best, and can reach 250fsb pretty easy. it might cost a bit more, but worth it.

but the ballistix is good too, so its your chioce.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts