Votes: 2 11.1%
  • OCZ EL Platinium rev. 2

Votes: 16 88.9%
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What ram is better the Ctucial Ballistix or the OCZ EL Platinium rev. 2 for OCing on the dfi lanpaerty nf4 sli-d and amd 3200+. Becuase the guy who I'm buying the components said that the crucial is better, but almost everybody here says that the the ocz is better. I know that the ocz is better on the intel but what about A64 any experiances with this ram?

Rep points for the first usefull reply!!!

Thx guys

·
Banned
789 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by timj010
What ram is better the Ctucial Ballistix or the OCZ EL Platinium rev. 2 for OCing on the dfi lanpaerty nf4 sli-d and amd 3200+. Becuase the guy who I'm buying the components said that the crucial is better, but almost everybody here says that the the ocz is better. I know that the ocz is better on the intel but what about A64 any experiances with this ram?

Rep points for the first usefull reply!!!

Thx guys
OCZ = king of ram....

·
Banned
789 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PCnerd2357
The OCZ is ddr500 so ya can get your fsb to 250Mhz at 1:1 with no sweat with that ram
Wrong, it's DDR400... They don't make Rev. 2 Platinum in anything but PC3200.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
Quote:

ohhh, so were not talking about this stuff
no....the 3200....but its not the same kind....and the 4000 is not as good at all.

i vote for the 3200 platinum, it is awsum ram, and can get to like 260fsb easily...
and just for comparison...even yiffy is looking to get some...so that must mean its good

·
Banned
789 Posts
Quote:

ohhh, so were not talking about this stuff
That's Gold Rev. 2... Not Platinum Rev. 2

For clarification purposes: Platinum is better than gold! lol

·
Banned
789 Posts
Quote:

i have ocz platinum 3200....but its not rev2

That's good stuff too, the only difference is in the timings... Your's is factory 2-3-2-6 i believe and the Rev. 2 is 2-2-2-5.

·
Premium Member
2,502 Posts
get the OCZ /... that stuff oc's sooo well

Xp got it up to 300 (I bet he posted already)

bbut yea your gonna get 270 out of it min.

I am buying some my self... but I've decided since i've gotten more money.. it may be time to get rid of this 9600 instead

·
Banned
789 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dark Inquisitor

get the OCZ /... that stuff oc's sooo well

Xp got it up to 300 (I bet he posted already)

bbut yea your gonna get 270 out of it min.

I am buying some my self... but I've decided since i've gotten more money.. it may be time to get rid of this 9600 instead

It does OC extremely well
I've got mine at 290 right now and I'm looking to take it to 300 when I swap out my XP-90 for an XP-120.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by *******
It does OC extremely well
I've got mine at 290 right now and I'm looking to take it to 300 when I swap out my XP-90 for an XP-120.
You OCed you 3000+ to 4000+ wow with air cooling. Ok by the results I'll buy the OCZ. And by the end off te week I'll have my new pc up and running

·
Banned
789 Posts
Quote:

You OCed you 3000+ to 4000+ wow with air cooling. Ok by the results I'll buy the OCZ. And by the end off te week I'll have my new pc up and running

Yeah i'm rapidly approaching a 1ghz aircooled overclock, lol. It's starting to get burnt in at this speed, by the time I get an XP-120 it should be ready to go for the next 100mhz

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:

Yeah i'm rapidly approaching a 1ghz aircooled overclock, lol. It's starting to get burnt in at this speed, by the time I get an XP-120 it should be ready to go for the next 100mhz

Were you lucky and got a good cpu or do all OC like that?

**Edited***

What are the temp.?

·
Banned
789 Posts
Quote:

Were you lucky and got a good cpu or do all OC like that?

**Edited***

What are the temp.?

I don't know if I'm "lucky" or not, but I have a great set of surrounding components that didn't hurt at all

Currently running 38*c idle and 53*c full load.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:

I don't know if I'm "lucky" or not, but I have a great set of surrounding components that didn't hurt at all

Currently running 38*c idle and 53*c full load.
So if I get dfi lanparty nf4, ocz el platinium rev. 2 and 3200+ it should OC to 4000+?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts