Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a Crucial C300 256 gb SSD that I got with my HP Envy 14 when I bought it a couple months ago.

While it's nice and fast, I don't really need the speed on my laptop. An ati driver bug on the laptop due to its switchable graphics keeps it from booting in under 40 seconds anyways, so it's not that beneficial.

As far as I know, this should be the same as any other typical C300 SSD. I haven't used it all that much, so there shouldn't be too much wear on the SSD.

Any idea how much I could get for it? Thanks!

·
Banned
784 Posts
TYPE OF SSD USED IN THE ENVY 14: (Both support TRIM)
160GB = Intel X-25M G2
256GB = Samsung MMDOE56G5MXP-0VB

but if it's a c300 256gb, theyve been going around ~450

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp27;11979674
TYPE OF SSD USED IN THE ENVY 14: (Both support TRIM)
160GB = Intel X-25M G2
256GB = Samsung MMDOE56G5MXP-0VB
I've taken it out of the laptop before, and it says it right on the label that it's a c300

·
RTX Sight Unseen
2,373 Posts
Are those the Sata III ones, those had really bad write times I think. Can you post the full model number for example :CTFDDAC256MAG-1G1

·
Banned
784 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronostorm;11979681
trust me, it's a c300. I've taken it out of the laptop before, and it says it right on the label
pics ?

probably $400 since you have no box or anything

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry, no camera right now.

I'll try to get around to taking it out of my laptop to get a number, but it's not quite so handy to do so right now

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
969 Posts
I'll sell it between $380-$430 as you don't have the box and its used. Lots of people don't like buying used harddrives or SSD's so $400 would be perfect for this C300.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sorry to revive my own thread from over a month ago, and I finally did some searching on the model. It's definitely a c300, but it seems it's a SATAII version of the crucial, so no SATAIII on it. When I still had the laptop, I got around 250 read and 210 write or so. Unfortunately, it's kind of difficult for me to do additional testing right now. I might borrow a friend's computer for a bit and run some additional tests

Any updates for the pricing given this information?

Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts