Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, today while doing some cable management. I changed to the lower slot on my sata6 and I went from

This

To THIS!

Could it have been a bad sata 6 slot?

·
Not new to Overclock.net
79,005 Posts
Did you go from the navy blue port to a white one? If so, then that's why. The navy blue port are the crappy Marvell-controlled ports.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Sata slot may be on the native chipset controller instead of the add-on the mobo.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables;15311206
Did you go from the navy blue port to a white one? If so, then that's why. The navy blue port are the crappy Marvell-controlled ports.
No, the white or gray one it was plugged in on the top though all i did was plug it in on the bottom.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables;15311206
/\ this.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
79,005 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by evilDSM
View Post

No, the white or gray one it was plugged in on the top though all i did was plug it in on the bottom.

Oh, well that's different.

Then I guess it might either be a bad SATA port or it could have been a less-than-perfect connection.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoCables
View Post

Oh, well that's different.

Then I guess it might either be a bad SATA port or it could have been a less-than-perfect connection.

Could be I hope it's not a bad slot :/ at first I thought CrystalDiskMark was being bad. I reran the tests and same results. I'll have to try and see with another ssd benchmark but this is great!

·
Registered
763 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Are the white ports on THIS mobo marvell?

I use the blue ones. Im getting an ssd in the mail this week so I want to know which I should use.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
79,005 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ganglartoronto
View Post

Are the white ports on THIS mobo marvell?

I use the blue ones. Im getting an ssd in the mail this week so I want to know which I should use.

They're Gigabyte's "GSATA" ports, but they're almost as bad as Marvell's. hehe Many people only use the GSATA for optical drives, but I didn't. I mean, I had the EP45-UD3P and I tried to use the GSATA ports, but that meant I had to have a slightly longer POST time because having the GSATA ports enabled instead of disabled meant that I had to wait for the POST to tell me about those ports. lol

·
Registered
763 Posts
Quote:

View Post

They're Gigabyte's "GSATA" ports, but they're almost as bad as Marvell's. hehe Many people only use the GSATA for optical drives, but I didn't. I mean, I had the EP45-UD3P and I tried to use the GSATA ports, but that meant I had to have a slightly longer POST time because having the GSATA ports enabled instead of disabled meant that I had to wait for the POST to tell me about those ports. lol

lol, so im ok using blue ports then. Hope i get near advertised seq readwrites

·
Not new to Overclock.net
79,005 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ganglartoronto
View Post

lol, so im ok using blue ports then. Hope i get near advertised seq readwrites

Me too!

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Check your motherboard manual. Seems like I've read (in the weeks of laboring over the decision of which motherboard to buy) somewhere that at least one of the motherboards handles an upper slot differently than the lower slot on the same stack? Perhaps one shares lanes with another PCIe interface?

Just a thought.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I've only used my (2) Crucial M4 128 Gb SSDs on RAID 0 for 2 days. Just wondering if the result I got is a typical result for a RAID ) set up.

saveq.png

·
Registered
825 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheaptrick;15326337
I've only used my (2) Crucial M4 128 Gb SSDs on RAID 0 for 2 days. Just wondering if the result I got is a typical result for a RAID ) set up.

saveq.png
0.o thats ridiculously fast

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
my crucial m4 is plug in the blue ones(bottom) and im gettign same result 300mb/s!
I'll try to move it in other ports and see if it will go up to 500 since I flash v. 009 driver.

2q08sd2.jpg

1 - 20 of 26 Posts