·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the game up and running on this system:

Pentium D 805
1gb ddr2 667mhz
512mb 4850

I can play sinlge player fine ~ however, everytime I get into multiplayer my game freezes and crashes on the loading screen.

Any help?

·
Premium Member
16,550 Posts
I am not quite sure you're even opening the game..

The game it's self uses about 1Gb of RAM, and the OS should use at least another 300Mb-400Mb... (Or bit less if u use Windows XP)... So this leaves us with no RAM left at all on the computer...

I'd say it is due to lack of RAM.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can play single player though. I am running XP

·
Premium Member
16,550 Posts
The game is probably using too much RAM while loading the Multiplayer map and all the players and such, plus the CPU would get throttled too.

I'd say is mainly because of the RAM.

Now my question is, why don't you just play it on your 1090T/470's rig? That rig will laugh at Crysis 2
biggrin.gif

I think adding another 1Gb of RAM would help, but I would not spend money to upgrade an old PC while you have such a good main rig, unless it is someone else's PC.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
main rig is currently unavailable ~ so I am stuck with this rig

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'm surprised it's even running.

Minimum system requirements for that game are a Core 2 Duo, however your CPU appears to be fast enough.

As kcuestag said, it's probablly the RAM

512MB is causing your system to virtualize the RAM requirements on the HDD in a SWAP folder. In multiplayer, that just doesn't work.
frown.gif
sorry
frown.gif

·
Premium Member
16,550 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaosuonline;13108679
I'm surprised it's even running.

Minimum system requirements for that game are a Core 2 Duo, however your CPU appears to be fast enough.

As kcuestag said, it's probablly the RAM

512MB is causing your system to virtualize the RAM requirements on the HDD in a SWAP folder. In multiplayer, that just doesn't work.
frown.gif
sorry
frown.gif
Couldn't explain it any better
rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys

~ if I were to increase the RAM to 2gb but running at 557mhz (or something like that), will the game run?

·
Premium Member
16,550 Posts
I'd say it would work, of course it would not go as smooth as your main rig, but I am sure it would still load the multiplayer maps
smile.gif

But can't really guarantee it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts