Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so here's the deal

Res is 5760x1080

In Crysis 2 Sandbox, playing the Downtown level with DX11 enabled, high res textures enables, and Ultra spec, I get a steady, consistent, and smooth 20 fps average. In Crysis 2 Sandbox it only uses one of my two GPUs (Afterburner says). I click the go into standalone game. It launches the standalone Crysis 2 game, crossfire is activated, and then I get an extremely choppy, stuttery, and laggy 30 fps. The thing is, the number is higher on paper but it's so stuttery I can't even play. Then I went into the standalone game after disabling crossfire and I get the same smooth 20 fps.

The point here is not that the fps is higher or lower, but the gameplay is much choppier and stuttery. Don't tell me it's a vram issue, because if it is then why is the game perfectly smooth with a single GPU?

Please help I've been trying to do this for hours with no success

·
Old dog, old tricks
9,756 Posts
It's CrossFire thing. Under 35FPS or so, CrossFire tends to feel very choppy. You're not the first to experience it
smile.gif
Might never get fixed.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Have you tried running it on a single monitor? Are you getting the same results?

I was getting awful flickering and poor SLI performance until I added r_MultiGPU = 1 to my config and autoexec files. Since then I have no longer had any flickering and I am getting between 40-60 FPS with Ultra settings, DX11 and high res textures at 2560x1440.

Yes, micro stutter exists with dual card setups, but it really isn't that noticeable. In reality though, at that resolution, you likely will not get much better performance with the dual 5850s. The high res pack for Crysis 2 is a system killer. It literally cut my FPS performance in half.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have, but the microstutter is still really prominent. Crossfire does improve performance at 1920x1080 but I cannot find out why crossfire decreases performance at a resolution that a single GPU shines.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.