Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently, CryTek are designing an engine to make Crysis compatible with the Xbox and other platforms. What they didn't say is if it's coming out on the PC or not... Or what the graphic quality will be like compared to the first one (LOLZORZ ******y lil consoles couldnt handle the Crysis x) ) so yeah dewds, tell us what you know!

Dan.

·
Registered
4,063 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TakMan
View Post

Apparently, CryTek are designing an engine to make Crysis compatible with the Xbox and other platforms. What they didn't say is if it's coming out on the PC or not... Or what the graphic quality will be like compared to the first one (LOLZORZ ******y lil consoles couldnt handle the Crysis x) ) so yeah dewds, tell us what you know!

Dan.

Hey Dan, your childlike penmanship makes think you are not for real, but here it goes any way.

It is coming out for pc, and it should be at least as good looking as the original and warhead. I suspect it's going to kick major ass despite getting console treatment. It's also coming out in 2010. So yeah get excited... or not?

·
Premium Member
5,987 Posts
What do you mean apparently? This has been known for over 7 months.

·
Registered
624 Posts
crysis 2 will be for pc, whether or not consoles could handle it I HIGHLY doubt. and yeah, graphics & physic are going to be insane on it

·
Registered
290 Posts
This is funny, yesterday I just decided to watch the Crysis 2 trailers/teasers again. I also downloaded some SP mods. Cannot wait for Crysis 2, or really just BC2. Either way, I got to pass the time.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Heady
View Post

This is funny, yesterday I just decided to watch the Crysis 2 trailers/teasers again. I also downloaded some SP mods. Cannot wait for Crysis 2, or really just BC2. Either way, I got to pass the time.

BC2 amen brother

·
Registered
872 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimeracaust
View Post

Hey Dan, your childlike penmanship makes think you are not for real, but here it goes any way.

It is coming out for pc, and it should be at least as good looking as the original and warhead. I suspect it's going to kick major ass despite getting console treatment. It's also coming out in 2010. So yeah get excited... or not?

Might be because he's from Scotland, I don't know.
And yeah, @OP: That quote said it all.

·
Blue and Green Team!
10,736 Posts
This is pretty old. But I hope it looks better than the first :)

Crysis has turned into the "Graphical benchmark" for PC's so I am pretty sure Crytek will not dissapoint with a new version for PC.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xShishy
View Post

Might be because he's from Scotland, I don't know.

You know people from Scotland speak English right?

He is referring to the "ZOMG dewd wut u think?"

·
Premium Member
7,941 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Outcasst
View Post

What do you mean apparently? This has been known for over 7 months.

This.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I see no reason PS3 couldn't handle it... Now Xbox 360 on the other hand... It struggles to maintain 30 FPS in many last gen games.

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gen View Post
Newegg has Crysis 2 up for-order and dated to be released on March 30, 2010. SO I guess we can assume it will definatly be sometime during March\\Apri that it will be released.
You cant assume anything about release dates that retailers offer. They just want to sell and get preorders to get money in their pockets. There are websites that have sold preorders of duke nukem forever for the last 11 years and its not out yet.

·
Premium Member
7,000 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Rocker View Post
This is pretty old. But I hope it looks better than the first :)

Crysis has turned into the "Graphical benchmark" for PC's so I am pretty sure Crytek will not dissapoint with a new version for PC.
Yep, it's now the reference; it's like "Think your GPU is strong? Think again!"

·
Registered
254 Posts
Time and time again, the Xbox 360 has proven to be the slowest recent console there is.

(Wii is not a console, its a dust collector).

• Rep+
Reactions: Abrajam

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by rastablast
View Post

crysis 2 will be for pc, whether or not consoles could handle it I HIGHLY doubt. and yeah, graphics & physic are going to be insane on it

See: CryEngine 3, at least 6 months old news.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Z Naught View Post
I see no reason PS3 couldn't handle it... Now Xbox 360 on the other hand... It struggles to maintain 30 FPS in many last gen games.
Questionable processor, 256mb RAM, 256mb VRAM (not even big enough to hold the Crysis 1 textures), very weak graphics card. I can see why it'd have problems.

All the same applies to the xbox 360, although I guess the processor is theoretically much weaker.

Don't even try to console troll in a PC forum.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts