Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Engineer of Malcontent
5,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been enjoying my eyefinity setup untill I loded crysis 2 to veiw it and was wondering why Om getting such horrible FPS.

I have two 6950s in xfire, running three monitors in 5760x1080.

I know my FPS would take a hit but damn. I get around 20-25 fps 30 at rare moments. I have read elswhere that some are getting those fps on eyefinity with just one card I have two so what the hell?
Any suggestions?

·
Engineer of Malcontent
5,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Arter;13058097
Have you tried other drivers for GPU and are you sure all of your OCs if any are fully stable?
The only OC I have is my CPU and yes last couple of days I have been hammering it out its solid now.

Drivers 11.3 with newest cap.

Renaming the exe is only a flickering fix.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Don't feel bad.... I have 2x6990 and getting the same results while on 5760x1080.
I'm running the 11.3cap profile which fixed the light flashing but I noticed I took a hit on fps. I don't know why but at least I won't be getting a seizure while playing the game.

·
Engineer of Malcontent
5,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexus6;13058122
.... I have 2x6990
I worship your rig:wheee:
wheee.gif
wheee.gif

So what are you seeing fps wise I really think I should still be getting playable FPS, it stutters crazy at the fps im getting.

·
Engineer of Malcontent
5,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Right on. Atleast I know I dident noob something up. Damn every time I upgrade I screw myself outta playing crysis 2. First crossfire now this.

O well eyefinity is still so worth it.

·
Engineer of Malcontent
5,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ulps?

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
ULPS saves power by disabling the second card when it is not needed.
This on paper is actually very green thinking. But, in reality, it is one of the biggest headaches for most crossfire setups. I was getting avg score on a single 6990, but when I benchmarked on 2x6990s, I was getting very low results. Disabling the ULPS has solved most of my dilemma. Here is a link on how to disable ULPS. Do it at your own risk.
http://www.overclock.net/ati/667144-crossfire-disabling-ulps-3.html

·
Engineer of Malcontent
5,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im not sure how that would help at all. Reading thread and still confused as to exactly how or if that helps performance

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
It is confusing at first, but after reading through numerous pages after pages regarding about disabling ULPS, I realized I had nothing to lose and just went through the step by step guide.

Have you noticed on some games where your GPU usage is below 90%, hovering between 50-70% but never close to 100%. Have you noticed there are large dips on FPS on certain sections of your favorite game but you notice no microstutter. If you said yes to all of them, then that means ULPS is working and hindering your performance. I was always frustrated why my second 6990 was not getting the performance I was expecting. After weeks of shifting my card around the PCI lanes, numerous attempts of driver install/reinstall, etc..... I was ready to throw my second card out the window. And then, I came across an article in regards about disabling ULPS and how it help most people with crossfire setups. I then researched more about it and then I had nothing to lose and disable ULPS. Disabling ULPS solved most of my problems but not all, but I can't be more happier as I can enjoy my games with a new found happiness.

·
Engineer of Malcontent
5,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bull**** starcraft 2 does not support eyefinity cause people cry its to unfair. BS!

·
Engineer of Malcontent
5,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanSmooth;13058506
Lower your settings. If you're trying Extreme, run it at Very High.
lol I put it at lowest settings and same. I think its another BS crytek problem. Other games even metro 2033 sees 60-80 fps

1 - 17 of 17 Posts