Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
10,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my rig should be manhandling this game. i do around 50-60 fps depending (vsync on) but i get some pretty horrible low fps spikes all the way down to 13 and then up to 60. the CPU is stable at 4GHz and my 480's are stable at 800 core. I'm running the latest nvidia driver. I also tried it without vsync on and it was smoother and less spikes but it still went from around 60-73 to 23 for a few secs then back up.

anybody else have this problem and/or know how to fix it?

its worth noting this is the only game this happens in. i understand this is a very new game, but getting that kind of performance just seems wrong.

·
Banned
10,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by danman4734 View Post

not to worry its the game itself in some parts of the game it drops bad like when phycho give you the bow and arrow it drop real bad but your gpu usage is only 50% or so so dont worry its the game play it like that or wait for patches to come out
thanks for the quick response, +rep.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I don't know what Danman is talking about, but it is not really the game. Its more driver side, as AMD and Nvidia SLI/Crossfire support in their drivers suck right now for Crysis 3. Crysis 3 is a new game, with only one drive so far released from both sides (AMD/Nvidia).

With my single GTX680 I have experience ZERO slow ups. Only stuttering I have seen is right when I load into the game.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
Yeah, it's the game.

·
Quad Core? Quad Damage!
684 Posts
I have a 7970 HD and all I can say is that Crysis 3 didn't run very smoothly even though the framerate was usually 25-45. There was a bit of input lag and stuttering in some areas. Nothing that big though. Anyway if I have problems with a certain game I can limit the FPS to a chosen number using MSI Afterburner's On Screen Display (OSD) server . It works better than vsync.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts