Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Programmer
28,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on a single card max out at an area overlooking rocks and water, i hit 51fps. Now with 2 cards enabled, i was on 63 at the same position.

What should i do?

11.4 drivers fresh install. Running latest chipset drivers and OC is stable on the CPU. Windows up to date. Crysis patch to 1.2!

Thanks guy's!

Edit:

8AA
Very High
1080p
Vsync OFF!

·
Registered
236 Posts
New profiles added with this release:

* Red Faction 4 - Improves CrossFire performance
* Need For Speed Shift 2 - Disables CrossFire and resolves image quality issues
* Crysis 2 - Improves CrossFire performance and resolves flickering issues
cap 11.3 cap3

·
Programmer
28,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by codejunki
View Post

Open up afterburner and look at the GPU usage, maybe you didnt enable CFX is CCC?

I disbaled CF and got 51fps. I enabled it and got 63fps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjpctech
View Post

New profiles added with this release:

* Red Faction 4 - Improves CrossFire performance
* Need For Speed Shift 2 - Disables CrossFire and resolves image quality issues
* Crysis 2 - Improves CrossFire performance and resolves flickering issues
cap 11.3 cap3

Crysis, not crysis 2

·
Registered
27 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BradleyW
View Post

I disbaled CF and got 51fps. I enabled it and got 63fps.

Crysis, not crysis 2

check your gpu usage and make sure both are being used. Maybe you have vysnc enabled? That would keep it at a constant 60 fps.

·
Programmer
28,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by darktrooper
View Post

check your gpu usage and make sure both are being used. Maybe you have vysnc enabled? That would keep it at a constant 60 fps.

My post said i went from 51 to 63fps by enabling CF. So do you think i have vsync on?

·
PC Evangelist
47,371 Posts
Are you sure you getting 51fps with single card? Why do you call max setting? How much AA and what resolution?

·
Programmer
28,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er
View Post

Are you sure you getting 51fps with single card? Why do you call max setting? How much AA and what resolution?

Here are my exact settings ok.
8AA
Very High
1080p

I looked over some water and rocks and tress with the sun rays coming through. I was hitting a solid 51fps just by looking at the exact same spot.
I enable CF, in the exact same spot i was getting 63fps.

Main post updated.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Hmm that is weird, thats what I get with one card. open GPU-z to see if it really is running in CF. and make sure you disable VSync.

·
Programmer
28,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by DorkSterr
View Post

Hmm that is weird, thats what I get with one card. open GPU-z to see if it really is running in CF. and make sure you disable VSync.

Of course it's really running in CF otherwise i would not jump from 51 to 63 and yes Vsync is off otherwise i would jump from 51 to 60.

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
Then its probably your cpu being bottle necked.

·
Programmer
28,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
But would i not have this issue in let's say 3dmark11 or heaven 2.5 which are more demanding?

·
PC Evangelist
47,371 Posts
CF @ 63fps looks right. No way u are getting 50s with single card. I get low 40s and high 30s with my HD 6970 @ 950/1450.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Quote:

View Post

CF @ 63fps looks right. No way u are getting 50s with single card. I get low 40s and high 30s with my HD 6970 @ 950/1450.

I second this^^^^^

·
Programmer
28,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

View Post

So your saying i am not telling the truth about what i was getting with a single card? And how does 63 look right? I should be a min of 80 in that perticular area looking over the water.

Also whoever suggested CPU bottleneck, two reasons why it's not.
1. CPU usage is low
2. I overclocked both cards and the frame increased to 64. If there is a bottleneck, the overclock would make no difference.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie
View Post

I second this^^^^^

I third this, I don't get that with a Gainward Phantom GTX 580 3GB... So... I reckon when you say you've disabled CF, you actually haven't stopped it from utilising the other card somehow!

I'm not ultimately sure you should get such epic FPS with a single card...

Pictures would help?

·
Registered
187 Posts
So u paid an extra how ever much 1 6970 cost for crossfire and gained like 10-15 fps plz tell me hes really got a driver error whats other games run like with crossfire off and on if u only get 10-15 fps gain on ever game then got to be something wrong some games like sli-cf some dont

·
Programmer
28,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Roxborough
View Post

I third this, I don't get that with a Gainward Phantom GTX 580 3GB... So... I reckon when you say you've disabled CF, you actually haven't stopped it from utilising the other card somehow!

I'm not ultimately sure you should get such epic FPS with a single card...

Pictures would help?

Alright i will do a screenshot of the bit in game.

·
sudo apt install sl
8,311 Posts
He said he is standing in one spot looking at water in rocks so I can see him getting 51 FPS with 1 card but your playing at 8xAA ... People who play with 4xAA only get 80-90 FPS with crossfire 6970. Your expecting to much from your cards.

Run 3Dmark Vantage to make you happy

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BradleyW
View Post

Alright i will do a screenshot of the bit in game.

Awesome, if that is true, I'm getting an HD 6970, as it evidently beats my GTX 580.... lol!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts