Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
7,501 Posts
It most-certainly supports a dual-card configuration.

But... do you want to hear what the catch is? Crysis is an: "nVidia: The Way It's Meant to Be Played" game. Yet, my 4890 seems to frigging conquer it, alone, maxed out, in 1080p. Go figure...

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by stiv
View Post

Yip crysis does support crossfire but i wouldn't say that it scales that well
I did notice a increase in fps but was still disappointed with the results

really how bad?

does it only increase 5 fps from 20? (just a figure)

does the multi GPU setting "scaling" only seem to work in DX 10 with the highest settings?

or with AAs?

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
I would say (with dual 4870s) you'd probably go like from 30 to 39~42 fps if that....

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
I was pretty dissapointed with the way the game scaled with my crossfire setup. I barely break the 50fps mark on high settings 1680x1050

·
Premium Member
21,169 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by OSDCrusher
View Post

Crossfire DOES NOT scale well with Crysis.

Any idea if this will change with Crysis 2? I've been wondering this for a while.

Also, I've had a Toxic on backorder for almost a month. Should I just give up and wait until the next series comes out, then sell my 4890 and grab one of those?

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Well of course Crysis doesn't scale well. It's an NVidia-oriented game and it came out before crossfire was somewhat "mainstream" to gamers.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
wow, glad i found this thread.

I just put my 3870's back xfire and was trying to see how well it would work under Crysis, well Ive been reading that there is a command you have to put in to the console to turn on the MultiGpu setting, well i tried the command and it said it was unable to use that command. i was like ***, well that's what i found on there site for the command list for the console.

so my question is, do i need to uninstall Crysis and reinstall it to take my dual cards now? let me know guys, its a nice game, but if it has issues running on High settings and at 1680 x 1050 res on my system, then ill just get rid of the game. thanks.

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilGear44
View Post

I would say (with dual 4870s) you'd probably go like from 30 to 39~42 fps if that....

really? so like a 20%+ boost? hmm

i get an average of 20+ ish on the ff settings:

DX10, 64 bit, 1920x1080, All Very High, V sync On.. no AA!

if the game doesnt dip in 20 FPS in crysis.. its already smooth in my eyes (really love the DX10 single object and screen motion blur that gives me an illusion of higher fps)

so xfiring another 4870 will give me like 5fps at the most.. hmm.. probably better to get a 4890 1gb and OC it via CCC.. (i am not an extreme ocer)

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lunchbox21984
View Post

wow, glad i found this thread.

I just put my 3870's back xfire and was trying to see how well it would work under Crysis, well Ive been reading that there is a command you have to put in to the console to turn on the MultiGpu setting, well i tried the command and it said it was unable to use that command. i was like ***, well that's what i found on there site for the command list for the console.

so my question is, do i need to uninstall Crysis and reinstall it to take my dual cards now? let me know guys, its a nice game, but if it has issues running on High settings and at 1680 x 1050 res on my system, then ill just get rid of the game. thanks.

try adding -devmode in the command line and try it again..

it might open up other console commands (`)

im just guessing..

gudluck

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

Originally Posted by mxthunder
View Post

I was pretty dissapointed with the way the game scaled with my crossfire setup. I barely break the 50fps mark on high settings 1680x1050

id be happy as a cow if i could play the game at max settings and 4x aa above 20FPS all the time!

but again.. thats just me

·
Registered
PNY RTX 3090, 8700K @ 5ghz, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB 32GB
757 Posts
Catalyst A.I. Standard: 35fps
Catalyst A.I. Advanced: 17fps

Crysis DX10. No idea why, but meh.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts