Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought crysis about a month ago but i just got the upgrades to be able to play it, so i popped in the brand new disc, and my disc drive starts making all these strange clickety clack and weird bleeping noises when trying to read the disc. Well i just opened the package to the disc, so i know it can't be the disc. So, i have another dvd drive on hand and i pop that into the computer. Same noises. So i start to think that the disc is defective, and i go to Wal-Mart and exchange it for another copy. It does the exact same thing. What's up with this game? Anyone else have this problem before? The noises are loud. I worry about it tearing up my drive.

·
Premium Member
3,864 Posts
umm, have you ever installed stuff before on your computer drive before? noises and such are normal, and i get them when my drive is stressing to burn something or reading a game.

·
Premium Member
6,174 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by D3TH.GRUNT View Post
umm, have you ever installed stuff before on your computer drive before? noises and such are normal, and i get them when my drive is stressing to burn something or reading a game.
Don't listen to that reply, I know exactly what you're talking about, OP. Yeah, it does take a minute or two for the disc to be acknowledged, and during that time it makes some horrible grinding noises. If you search on Google, a lot of people have complained about it; the issue seems to be because of the way the dual layers of the DVD were bonded (take a look at that wavy effect when you hold it up to the sun). But I've had it spin in my desktop drive numerous times like that before, and both the media and the drive are doing just fine.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bennylava View Post
I bought crysis about a month ago but i just got the upgrades to be able to play it, so i popped in the brand new disc, and my disc drive starts making all these strange clickety clack and weird bleeping noises when trying to read the disc. Well i just opened the package to the disc, so i know it can't be the disc. So, i have another dvd drive on hand and i pop that into the computer. Same noises. So i start to think that the disc is defective, and i go to Wal-Mart and exchange it for another copy. It does the exact same thing. What's up with this game? Anyone else have this problem before? The noises are loud. I worry about it tearing up my drive.

Crysis does that to my drive too.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool thanks, i was kinda worried about it tearing up my drive. I had never heard a drive make such loud noises before lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.