Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I don't know how else to discribe this problem, but in Crysis dx10 mode the suit mode colors/shaders from strength and speed mode seem to be stuck, lighting up the character like some walking LED light. Especially in dark levels it's extremely annoying.

Here are 2 examples, this is from Warhead by the way, but both games have the exact same problem.

It just looks like that the whole time, exept at the beginning of the game where it was fine for about 5 minutes and then it changed.
I used to think this was just an issue with my card, but if I load the game to that early point it's still normal, so I think it's just a bug with the game.

I've searched the net, but the only thing I could find about this is that the shader gets stuck and plays all animations at the same time.

If anyone knows how to fix this I'd be really grateful, even if it would mean removing those files, anything is better than a walking LED light..

Thanks for any help

by the way, in DX9 mode the suit works fine, but the game runs very crappy, so that isn't an option either..

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone? I'm sure there are more people experiencing the same problem..

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Sorry for the (very) late response. You need to download and install the Crysis Patch, Version: 1.1. It fixes compatibility problems with dual GPU Radeons.

Hope that helps. I had the same problem as you did with my HD 4870x2's and this fixed it. Much better performance, also.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm on version 1.21
so that isn't it either. I've also tried all drivers up from 8.8, no succes there as well..

EDIT: Little update, I've tried reinstalling the game and then trying with each patch independantly, but it still gives the same problem.

Even with starting a new game the problem reappears at exactly the same moments as before.. first the speed mode colors, and a few mins later the strength mode.

I really have no idea what might be causing this..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts