Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have managed to play the Crysis the way it was meant to be played:
with the lighting added. And I have to say, that this level of graphical
awesomeness craps all over the retail version.
In fact, I'm going to go ahead and say if you just played retail version
you have missed 95% of the reason why this game is considered the most graphically advanced.
The retail version seems flat without shadow.
During the action sequences my fps dropped downs to 5 tho ...

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Are these setting in the .ini?

·
Banned
2,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes, lol it does run. but you only get 5 fps during action scenes.
20 give or take outside of combat. Sorry I'm not allowed to attend gaming sites now
so I can't post link right now, I may post the link later on in the evening tho.

I don't know if you can do it in the ini, it would b cool,
so far to my knowledge only custom maps can be created that have realistic shadows.

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
"5 FPS"

'nuff said

the fact that you have to go through such efforts to make this game what it promised to be is enough to prevent me from caring. even if you do tweak the game to death, on a decent machine, the game still cant find its own power in its coding to perform well. graphics are one thing, but gameplay is another. with crysis there is little balance between the two. you either have one or the other. and that is its fatal flaw.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellisforheroes
View Post

"5 FPS"

'nuff said

the fact that you have to go through such efforts to make this game what it promised to be is enough to prevent me from caring. even if you do tweak the game to death, on a decent machine, the game still cant find its own power in its coding to perform well. graphics are one thing, but gameplay is another. with crysis there is little balance between the two. you either have one or the other. and that is its fatal flaw.

couldn't have said it any better.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.