Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am at a dilemma. Crysis warhead no longer wants to load properly. It will get to loading and then once it reaches 99% it crashes. Before I applied Warhead patch there was no problem except the third level (in the mines) loading would reach 82% and then just stay there. Using Catalyst 9.2.

·
Premium Member
6,005 Posts
Does the first level load if you start a new game? I think I recall them saying your saves won't work after the patch is applied. Check the readme, it should say in there.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Before the patch was applied the game would work fine up until the third level (inside the mine) when the loading screen would reach 82% and then halts there. There is no crash but it refuses to budge more than 82%. With the patch even new game's refuse to start as it loads to 99% and then crashes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've had the same problem with Windows 7, no matter which version I've used and now on the Build 7600.16385 RTM x64. Game appears to start, only to go to black screen and subsequently crashing thereafter. Under Vista, no problems whatsoever so I'm at a loss as to what is causing this but guessing it's a DX/driver issue with Win7 exclusively.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Try deleting the Crysis folder somewhere in your user directory. I can't remember where it is, but it's probably somewhere in Documents or My Games.

·
Premium Member
10,457 Posts
try deleting the settings file..

also, did you have any mods/custom configs installed prior to patching? coz for me the game screwed up when i had a mod installed, then patched it after that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.