Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so last week I told I guy he lagged (he teleported a bit due to the server most likely) and this is what he said. "I don't lag man, it's you. I'm playing at 450fps on a 55" TV" All I had to say was "Um, no your not, CS has a max of 300fps" along with 4 other people saying the same thing. He shut up after that, lol.

Then tonight I was on a deathmatch server that was started lagging every now and then and someone told another guy he lagged. He said "I don't lag, I'm running 1300fps on a 1080P monitor man. I'm overclocked right now" Someone told him he spend too much money so he added "I only spent $800, I'd never spend more then a grand"

I love the fact that 1300fps is not even remotely possible in CS:S due to it's bugging coding with large slot servers.

I don't get why people say stupid stuff like that, does it make them warm and fuzzy? lol

Anyone else get these people in game?

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy9000
View Post

I've had someone try to tell me he had a LN2 cooled computer... like you would run LN2 24/7 lol.

I do.

And yeah, I hate those types of people.

·
Registered
378 Posts
lol i wouldn't let it get you riled up....

that sounds pretty stupid

I'd just be like...congrats, do i give a ****?

·
Registered
75 Posts
yeah, many times dude... i just love to give them a head shot in cs:s...that would just shut their mouth up...

·
Registered
582 Posts
You can get over 300fps by typing fps_max 1000 in the console. It raises your max fps to 1000

·
Banned
11,459 Posts
You can run source over 800 FPS, Ive done it myself

here is a screenshot doing 400+

if I turn the detail down I can get way more than this

·
Premium Member
4,954 Posts
Heh plus the fact that the kind of lagging they probaly meant was due to ping etc so I don't see what size TV or GPU has to do it. ;l

Some guy in swat 4 tried to tell me he had a 6ghz dual core, which he ran 24/7. After questioning it turned out he had a 3.0ghz E8400 which he so smartly multiplied by two

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darz
View Post

You can get over 300fps by typing fps_max 1000 in the console. It raises your max fps to 1000

fps_max 0 is better.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Probably just his latency or ping. I honestly doubt you would be able too see him lag due too low fps.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
In the fps stress test I run an average fps score of 700 something.

change fps_max 1000 that will fix that problem

·
Registered
870 Posts
fps_max 30 makes you unhittable, but makes everyone else unhittable. P90 rush with 30 fps is even useless.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Cap mine at 150.. was scary moving form 70fps on the 4670 up to a 4870 and hitting the 200fps!! I'm sure thats normal for most of your guys, I I've sent years playing around 40fps until 2009 came along!
whats the average amount of pinging people are used too? 15ms for me in the UK

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyNikel
View Post

In the fps stress test I run an average fps score of 700 something.

change fps_max 1000 that will fix that problem

700 average, was that on the stress test? i find that very hard to believe lol. My best was 415fps with 4xAA, 16xAF and 1680x1050 res. That was with my CPU at 3.7ghz. I know you have yours at 4ghz but i doubt that extra 300mhz will get you 300fps more average than i do.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Source can run more than 300 fps, I do it all the time. Just get good rate settings and know how to set up any source engine game and your set.

·
Premium Member
4,062 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Slinkey123
View Post

700 average, was that on the stress test? i find that very hard to believe lol. My best was 415fps with 4xAA, 16xAF and 1680x1050 res. That was with my CPU at 3.7ghz. I know you have yours at 4ghz but i doubt that extra 300mhz will get you 300fps more average than i do.

it is all cpu based.. and nvidia cards seem to do better in source engine games.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by procpuarie
View Post

it is all cpu based.. and nvidia cards seem to do better in source engine games.

I know its all CPU based
thats why i said 300mhz more shouldnt get 300fps more lol. GPU makes like no diff in CSS nowadays lol.

Also i thought source ran slightly better on ATI cards. Seen as ep2 was sponsered by ATI and all. I also seen a review where a 4870x2 beat 2 280s in SLI in left for dead and other source games.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Eski
View Post

Cap mine at 150.. was scary moving form 70fps on the 4670 up to a 4870 and hitting the 200fps!! I'm sure thats normal for most of your guys, I I've sent years playing around 40fps until 2009 came along!
whats the average amount of pinging people are used too? 15ms for me in the UK

at my folks house, half Mb BT Line with horrific attenuation, ~60-70ms

previously had 8Mb to myself in London, usually about 10-20ms. Loved it. Though that was more to do with the raw downloading speed.

Is CSS one of those games where ridiculous FPS is beneficial though (ala COD4?)

1 - 20 of 62 Posts