Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Low IQ User
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i am looking for a smaller case or different style i would say, currently i have a Corsair Spec 03 as a Case.

The case will stand on the left side of my desk if it is a cube or under my monitor if its a htpc case.

I have a matx system and a 240rad that should fit in the new case.

I actually fall in love with the Caselabs BH8 but its too expensive it would be nice if there are alternatives for this or a good htpc case

·
Meep
5,592 Posts
There are a few, all reasonably priced:

Xigmatek Prospect
Thermaltake Core G3 (only 2 pcie slots)
Raijintek Styx
Raijintek Thetis

·
:-)
254 Posts
For a cube case with mATX board, look at Corsair Air 240. Its panels are thin and wobbly but if you aren't planning on moving it around then its totally fine. Also, cube cases look nice but waste a lot of space and don't cool hard drives (might be important for HTPC). For HTPC, get a mid tower with good airflow and dust filters on all intakes, set it up and forget it. Best case would be Fractal Design R6. Expensive but you could mount 240 rad on top and front intakes would cool your hard drives.

Edit - Just noticed you want to put case on left side of desk. Then you would need a case with inverted motherboard layout like Corsair 600C but it has very limited HDD capacity for its size (Full tower).

·
Low IQ User
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For a cube case with mATX board, look at Corsair Air 240. Its panels are thin and wobbly but if you aren't planning on moving it around then its totally fine. Also, cube cases look nice but waste a lot of space and don't cool hard drives (might be important for HTPC). For HTPC, get a mid tower with good airflow and dust filters on all intakes, set it up and forget it. Best case would be Fractal Design R6. Expensive but you could mount 240 rad on top and front intakes would cool your hard drives.

Edit - Just noticed you want to put case on left side of desk. Then you would need a case with inverted motherboard layout like Corsair 600C but it has very limited HDD capacity for its size (Full tower).
Its no problem if it hasnt got a window on the right side or that the case is inverted
The R6 is just like at the top i would want to spend for a case ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts