Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello again. Note: Must use Newegg.ca

I realized I had some extra money and was not sure what to invest it in. I eventually need a new hard drive and a case. I plan on possibly modding the case eventually. I also plan on water cooling possibly might just go Air though. Cable management is important in a case and bottom mounted PSU would be nice.

I am not limited to a case but it is one of those things I plan on replacing eventually. Should I save for a case and buy one later and just use my NZXT case for now?

My Set build: ( Purchasing Friday or Monday)

720 Black Edition
GIGABYTE GA-MA785GMT-UD2H AM3
4GB of DDR3 ram
ATI 5770

newegg canada + shipping (Zip : V9T5M7) - Total
$584.70

Total with shipping can not exceed 686.70

Thanks.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Hey canadianpanda, i don't know what CAD$ value is but you could look into a new PSU to safeguard your components.
May I ask, do you know what brand your current power supply is?
And an operating system that's 64-bit would be really good to get the most out of your RAM!

·
Premium Member
16,927 Posts
new CPU. i say Phenom II X4 925 or 945.

or a WD Caviar Black if you need more space.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
720 is good enough for me.

I do need more space as I have a TB filled already.

Got a copy of Win 7 64 bit that I uncle bough and said I could have his other 2 licenses.

I am thinking o nsaving for WD Cavier Black and Antec 900 possibly.
It supports watercooling if I ever have the urge to do that and from what I have seen it has nice features and is Solid when it comes to modding/ painting its not to much hassle.

Space andCase seem to be my priorities

My PSU is a NZXT 550 - Not a case model. it has worked to power 2 other builds and I have yet to have a problem. according to the PSU calculators I only need 404 watts and overclocked 448.

I might get my case for x-mas so I am trying to decide on a case. I thought about the Antec 900 or Lian Li case.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts