Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems that sometimes my GPU clients (gpu2) stall during the middle of the WU. I'll look at the TPFs to see that they're like a minute or so, but then I'll see that the time the last from was done is like an hour ago. Implying that my card has been stuck on the current frame for 1+ hours. In addition sometimes I notice that my GPUs are at ~40% when both folding, but after turning one off the remaining one jumps to 100%.
Answers anyone?

Oh I pretty much also run bigadv on my CPU all the time, if that helps.

·
Premium Member
5,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by LiLChris
View Post

Do you have dummy plugs or the forcegpu flags on?

I have two cables going to one monitor, when I start the clients I temporarily extend the desktop which activates the second GPU. Then I can start [email protected] Oh I forgot to mention too that It only seems to do it on certain WUs (don't ask which ones).

·
Premium Member
7,161 Posts
If I faced this issue I probably would do a removal and clean re-install of everything,how much time could it take 20 min. max.

You may try some isolation and fold only one card,no cpu,fold only the second card no cpu, fold both cards,no cpu,fold only cpu for baseline (I guess you should do this first).

Keep an accurate record of what WU this happens on and all other parameters present,use a scientific method. In auto repair we called it Stratagey Based Diagnostics, its like using a sniper rifle instead of a shotgun.

·
Premium Member
5,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by ducrider View Post
You might be having a driver problem.My wifes rig has been doing that.Seems to just hang out for a while.I did notice yesterday that I had a driver failure.
Thanks I will look into this. Any way to check for a driver failure? Or should I just do a uninstall, sweep, and reinstall?
Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts