Overclock.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to set up a mini-farm but I am limited on power. I have a single 15A circuit available but I can only use maybe 600-800W on it.

I want best power/PPD, so basically I would be more interested in that than cost.

·
Premium Member
10,389 Posts
I would say two 9800gtx+ or three 8800GSs would be your best bet. GTX will give about 11K total with mild OCs, and the GS will give about 12K total with mild OCs. I would bet the two GTXs would use just a hair less power.

Both of these setups would be about 450-500W, depending on CPU used.

·
Premium Member
11,334 Posts
2 9800GX2s in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
11,541 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nafljhy View Post
i know that the 4x GX2s will do around 1100W +or- 10%... as thats what knitelife was getting on one of his rigs. i know that that 4x GTX+'s will work on a 750WPSU. not sure what my draw is.. gotta get me one of those killawatts to find out.

There was a pic of knitelife's rig but it was only pulling 980W with 4. I would say that 3 GX2s would be right around 800W.

I'm on a single 15A circuit with my sig rig, monitors, server, another monitor. Its pulling at least 800W and I'm not having any issues. There is also a 3 pairs of florescent lights on that circuit.

·
Premium Member
10,389 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by nafljhy
View Post

i know that the 4x GX2s will do around 1100W +or- 10%... as thats what knitelife was getting on one of his rigs. i know that that 4x GTX+'s will work on a 750WPSU. not sure what my draw is.. gotta get me one of those killawatts to find out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mortimersnerd
View Post

There was a pic of knitelife's rig but it was only pulling 980W with 4. I would say that 3 GX2s would be right around 800W.

I'm on a single 15A circuit with my sig rig, monitors, server, another monitor. Its pulling at least 800W and I'm not having any issues. There is also a 3 pairs of florescent lights on that circuit.

You guys scare me sometimes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts