Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my mod gear (lights, XP-120, fans, sleeve.etc) has arrived and my graphics card has left. I sent my G card yesterday to the place where i bought it and they see they we either choose a different card (becuase the X800XT PE is not made by gigabyte anymore, so they say). They say we can get a refund and just buy somehwere else or choose a different card and we either pay the extra or they give us chnage from what we decide (if cheaper which it now should be).

Anyway, i've recieved 4x8" cold yellow cathodes, UV R-A Sleeving kit, UV Paint, XP-120 + Led Fan, AS5, De-pinners and i think thats all (it's like christmas but better).

I've put on the AS5 and the XP-120 and i'm about to sleeve.

I should have pics up by in about 4-7 days due to my Gcard and when it arrives.

So, thats all i have to say, any comments on lighting placement, extra things to showcase, anything else.

Also, please go to the ATI section to place your comments on wheather the X800XT PE is better than the plain X850XT (non PE)

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm painting the tray of my CD drive aswell as the inside of the case. I'm also sleeving at the moment and once that is done, i'll just put everything back-in and then place the all 4 cathodes along the sides or 3 along the sides and 1 at the back or something like that.

Whats the best way to get the smoohest finish possible, withou using a spray gun/can. Any special brushes that hav fine brissels or anytihng like that.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Cant help you there mate I used a spray can but i got a handle for one makes it alot easier. Is spray can not an option, everything ive read is spray and brushes would leave brush marks

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Hey sloth... Good ideas will be listed below

Paint the inside of the case White that will react with Uv.. it will look awesome
And alos if you have steady hands, Grab some Bic UV reactive pens and draw in some of the traces on your motherboard that way they will glow

you computer will be so bright you will have toi wear shades:shades2:

Goodluck

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PCnerd2357

i think you might be able to use a roller

he would miss the corners...

Spray is the way
or maybe Sponge brush made for edging might work well
hitting it with a blowdrier at low heat might even out the brush strokes a lil bit

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
should i ask dad to get a spray gun, are they expensive and do you get them from any old hardware store.

Also, I have Orange UV paint so i'll be usign that. I need a spray gun/can that you can fill up. Would one fo those cheapo (50C) water spray things work, or not.

Can i spray without a compressor???

Also, the XP-120 isn't as big as i thought it would be, it looks sweet, it's like a massive engine on yuor mobo!!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
if you need one you can top up then use you will need a compressor. Is the whole case going to be in orange?

If its just highlighted parts I would use a spray can probly around $5 to spray and touch up with the uv paint you want.

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've done 2 coats with a bunch of sponges and brushes, alright but not as good as a sporay can would've turned out. I can believe you cant buy UV paint in a spray can.

I am/have painted the case UV orange (like mentioned above). I was wondering though, would a one of those squirter that you pull the trigger and they squirt mist, would one fo those do the trick (doesn't need to be perfect, just no brush strokes or blobs). The things i'm talkign abotu are the things hairdressers use to dampin your hair.

If that wont work, how much is a small compressor that will do the trick, whats the average pricetag for a small compressor that will have enough pressue to spary paint?

Any more help will be great...!!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sloth_Boy
I've done 2 coats with a bunch of sponges and brushes, alright but not as good as a sporay can would've turned out. I can believe you cant buy UV paint in a spray can.

I am/have painted the case UV orange (like mentioned above). I was wondering though, would a one of those squirter that you pull the trigger and they squirt mist, would one fo those do the trick (doesn't need to be perfect, just no brush strokes or blobs). The things i'm talkign abotu are the things hairdressers use to dampin your hair.

If that wont work, how much is a small compressor that will do the trick, whats the average pricetag for a small compressor that will have enough pressue to spary paint?

for the bottle spray thing the only you can find out is try. But once finished clean the bottle and squirt water through to amke sure it doesnt dry and clog it up.

If it does work sand down the first two coats lightly with a high grit sand paper (1000 or sumthing maybe higher) just to make them smooth.

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sloth_Boy

http://www.uvgear.co.uk/product/uvpaints.htm
uv reactive spray paint...........

1 - 13 of 13 Posts