Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, im thinking on taking on the adventure of doing a custom waterloop instead of getting a kit since im updating other parts of my pc at the moment, and since i been enjoying so much putting everything together mylself i though why not do the same with the cooling too. Been reading some things to get familiar with it but i have a couple questions.

First are submerged pumps on the reservoir any good or is it best to have it out of the reservoir? I was looking at getting this: http://www.xspc.biz/baypump750a.php please have a look and tell me what you think.

Also any one could sugest a good size radiator that would be a good fit for a HAF-X without require much mods if any at all, i would like something like a 3x120 kinda size to fit on the top but inside of the case.

Thanks in advance, any other sugestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am looking at that pump/res combo as well and for the most part it has great reviews as I can find. The difference between submerged and non submerged is that the pump is dumping all its heat in the loop also that pump/res combo the pump can not be removed. They do sell bay reservoirs that you can attach a pump to for the laing D5 or the DDC. The Cooler Master Haf X you can mount a 320 rad in the top cool master says so right on there site. If you just plan on cooling your cpu I think that res/pump combo would be fine. For a rad Swiftechs MCR-320-QP is a very good bang for the buck performer that performs good with silent fans.

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
These parts:

XSPC Bay Reservoir for Laing DC
MCP 355 Pump
EK Supreme HF Full Nickel CPU Block
1/2" ID 3/4" OD tubing
Barb fittings for 1/2" ID
XSPC RX360 Radiator

You should be able to make a sweet, short loop, because you are only cooling your CPU and you are using a bay reservoir.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated

Also on this same website i stumbled upon these kits (http://www.watercoolingshop.co.uk/Kits_B23C07.aspx) which basicaly is the full system in one purchase but i still get to put it together myself which what i want as mentioned above. Are they good value for money and of good quality? since you guys are more experienced on this department or im better off pick all the different bits from diferent manufactors? and if picking from diferent places are there normally compatibility issues from doing that?

Thanks again guys

·
Registered
41 Posts
Those individual parts-kits are real good bang-for-your-buck stuff, you're sure to have everything you need, but if you want a specific type of fittings (highly recommend compression fittings for 3/8 ID, 5/8 OD tubing, its what I use and love) or something like that you'll have to gather your own components.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vasily Degtyaryov View Post
Those individual parts-kits are real good bang-for-your-buck stuff, you're sure to have everything you need, but if you want a specific type of fittings (highly recommend compression fittings for 3/8 ID, 5/8 OD tubing, its what I use and love) or something like that you'll have to gather your own components.
I was thinking going with this option for this option: http://www.watercoolingshop.co.uk/XS...Kit_ASLZF.aspx for cpu cooling only and maybe try to contact them and see if they could replace the barbs with their compression fitting that they sell on their site ( just personal liking, think they look much better and i would pay the diference ofc )
Will this be enough? I have a kentsfield at the moment but im getting the gulftown and a rampage 3 extreme just before christmas

Will it be enough to cool the Gulftown? note that is the kit with the thicker radiator that im talking about, they do the same kit with a thinner one too.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Charlie the water block you recomended looks good, i read good reviews on it but to put all the diferent bits together i was having a look here at work and worked out more expensive by a substancial amount. Would the XSPC water block be no good at all?

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
The XSPC Rasa is a great block. While it does not perform quite as well as the Supreme HF, it has less restriction, which will be nice because that pump is a bit weak.

The temperature difference in your loop between the RASA and the Supreme HF will be less than 1C.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts