Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new project is to build a custom pc case built into the underside of a desk.

I'm looking to use two loops for my CPU and GPU, would it create any issues if the reservoirs were placed horizontally/lying down?

·
Overclock Failed...
13,565 Posts
A sideways res will not bleead the air out as well, or, if the flow rate is high enough, may just re-introduce more bubbles because the water is the res is just to turbulent.

·
Overclock Failed...
13,565 Posts
Not saying it won't work, you may just need to use a larger res.

I once had to do this with an Iwaki pump system.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What length of a res would you recommend? Also, would you recommend using a res/pump combo or a separate pump?

I'm new to the custom water cooling thing, in case you can't tell.

·
Overclock Failed...
13,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tayhosk View Post

What length of a res would you recommend? Also, would you recommend using a res/pump combo or a separate pump?

I'm new to the custom water cooling thing, in case you can't tell.
We were all nOObs at one time!

There are so may variables that you really have to experiment a bit, and anticipate some failures.

I've done a fair amount of experimentation with reservoirs. I use solidworks.

A uTube video of a successful res experiment (after many failures).

And I Have a pretty complete machine shop in the basement. to play with though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
the one main reason to use a reservoir. is missing in your consideration?

The use off a reservoir is needed to bleed out any trapped air bubbles in your loop. furthermore its an easy fill port (if placed correctly) => it should be the highest point in the loop. size is not as important as mainly believed... 150ml is sufficient in most setups. no large (rocket launching pads /pads). its imperative that the reaervoir sits above the (first) pump. wether a combo or 2 separate things is upto taste, available room, cash and easy of use. personally i would prefer 2 separate units..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts

The use off a reservoir is needed to bleed out any trapped air bubbles in your loop. furthermore its an easy fill port (if placed correctly) => it should be the highest point in the loop. size is not as important as mainly believed... 150ml is sufficient in most setups. no large (rocket launching pads /pads). its imperative that the reaervoir sits above the (first) pump. wether a combo or 2 separate things is upto taste, available room, cash and easy of use. personally i would prefer 2 separate units..

·
Registered
9 Posts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts