Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best way to work with allready installed meshes on cases (the ones on the sides of Node 304 so you know what i am talking about)?

These meshes are pretty hard and if i bend it the wrong way, im guessing there is no straightening it back again to do another bend without the first one being noticable.

Maybe there is a similar mesh (in terms of hole density and size) that can be bught which is more flexible for finger bending? If i use the pliers on the original one i will scratch it.

I need a circular shape, but not just cut circular, it has to have a 5mm lip (like the lid of a jar it should be formed)....

Ideas?

·
Registered
821 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgipson1 View Post

Modders mesh would do nicely.. it is aluminum, so it is easy to work with. Not sure about the perf size you need... but something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-Aluminum-Circle-Perforated-Mesh-Car-Hood-Bumper-Grille-Grill-12-x-48-/180909851538?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a1f114392&vxp=mtr

I don't know where you are located... so here is a UK source also:

http://chilledpc.co.uk/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=59_76&product_id=1886
yes, that UK link is the thing i am looking for, thanks...

Now i just have to find a place closer to croatia, i need a piece approx 10x20 cm, buying a 50x50 is to much (both price and shipping-wise).

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Car shops offer meshes with bigger holes, at least arround me. I was thinking, maybe i could use a car speaker mesh? Those are a dime a dozen at flea markets. Only i dont know are they flexible/bendable enough...

·
Registered
821 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peraklo View Post

Car shops offer meshes with bigger holes, at least arround me. I was thinking, maybe i could use a car speaker mesh? Those are a dime a dozen at flea markets. Only i dont know are they flexible/bendable enough...
Car speaker mesh is usually steel... and would be more difficult to work with. The larger hole meshes might look more custom on your case... might be an idea?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgipson1 View Post

Car speaker mesh is usually steel... and would be more difficult to work with. The larger hole meshes might look more custom on your case... might be an idea?
I guess i will have to obtain a few cheap-o solutions and experiment... after all, Node 304 only has 2 meshes so if i find a viable solution, it is not so much material and effort to replace both of them.

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, for straight bends that would be nice...

but i need something like this...

http://www.gardensonline.com.au/Uploads/Product/3525/CocoaShakerFineMesh.jpg

only without the steel edge, the whole lid should be mesh...

i should have a 100mm diameter hole and a 98mm diameter closed cylinder... then place a piece of mesh over the hole, put the cylinder on top of it and just push the mesh through.... after that, trim the edges and i'm golden :-D

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
To do that, you'd need a forming die and a press. Or at the very least a form and a mallet. Also, check out IKEA for a cheap supply of mesh.... their wire mesh trash cans are very cheap compared to other mesh sources.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts