Overclock.net banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm an audio producer/engineer. I do tracking, production, mixing and mastering. This machine would be my mobile rig so I can work while I'm traveling.
I'm really curious about build your own and custom built systems like PcAudioLabs, Eluktronics, and SCAN.
Do any of you have any experience with these companies?

The PcAudioLabs MC M7 S looks really interesting but I'm not sure paying such a premium for the targeted/industry-specific service is worth it for me. Especially since I can't get any information on the type of case/chassis they're using and recent online reviews are almost non-existent.
I ruled Eluktronics out because the one 17" model they have with an 8th gen CPU is over my budget.
SCAN's in the UK.

Are there any other well regarded companies in the states that do this kind of thing?

----------

Laptop questionnaire:

What is your maximum budget? $2500

What country are you in? USA

What will be the uses of this laptop? Audio production, mixing, mastering, light video production.

Do you have brand loyalty or care which brands we select for you? I've ruled out Dell, MSI, & Lenovo. I'm curious about custom builds/build your own laptops. The ASUS ROG GL703GS looks intriguing to me.

CPU: Intel 8th gen
RAM: 16GB or 32GB
How much hard drive space do you need? SSD 256GB or more as my main drive, 1TB SSHD 7200rpm or SSD as my secondary.

What screen size do you require? 17" (with two or three video outs that can be used simultaneously with the laptop monitor)

What screen resolution do you require? 1920 x1080 or greater.

Are you looking to buy NEW or would refurbished/recertified/used be okay? NEW.

How long should the battery last? Not important.

What games would you like to play with your laptop? I don't play games, but I record/mix/master using Cockos Reaper. Sessions have 30+ tracks, 100+ VST/VSTi plugins (Izotope, Waves, Arturia).

What operating system do you need? Windows 10

Is there a certain style of laptop you want? (aluminum, black, gaming, etc.) Not important.

Do you need any special hardware? (blu ray, webcam, specialty ports, etc.) 3 or more Video outs. Mini-display and/or HDMI.

Any thing else we should know? Heat management is really important for me. I hate working on hot machines. I need a laptop that's well built, can be easily upgraded, and will last me for many years.

Thanks for any help!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts