Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got my new Sony Bravia KDL-26M4000 running in my XP machine with a eVGA 8800GTS 320 (DVI to HDMI dongle), it's set as the primary monitor.
I've been playing around for two weeks now and finally realize that i can create my own custom resolution, so i created one (1366x768 75mhz which is the native resolution for this TV) it looks very good now, before at 1360x768 60mhz didn't looked very good, and then i went a step further and created another resolution, this time 1680x1050 75mhz (which is my HP w2207 native resolution); my question is: Will any Resolution, other than the native, damage my TV?

-and also if anybody knows the real refresh rate for this TV , please let me know(nVidia control panel says the maximun refresh rate for this display is 85mhz)-

by the way, at this resolution the TV looks awsome, the way i expected since the begining.

·
Not so new to OCN
1,994 Posts
Anything higher than the native resolution will not damage your display (On older displays, CRTs, that could happen). The most it will do is display a message saying the frequency/resolution is out of range.

Well the native frequency should be 60Hz since it is the standard NTSC frequency, but that doesn't mean it can't take a higher frequency, although in a LCD screen you won't notice any changes from 60Hz to 85Hz.

·
Not so new to OCN
1,994 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by alexyov View Post
muito obrigado...
Hey! You know portuguese? Nice

You're welcome

1 - 4 of 4 Posts