Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
64,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

I know that since the migration many of you have been stuck with the ''New to Overclock.net''. It was mentioned that we bring back the list of pre-defined titles. We looked into this and while it was a possibility, the work involved would have delayed users having a choice of user title and would have detracted from more important and worthwhile features. As such we decided that we would give all users the ability to create their own usertitles.

You can change your user title from your User CP. Click on your avatar towards the top right of the screen, a drop down will appear. Click on User CP. Once within your User CP click on ''Edit your details''. From here you can create your user title.

For reference, please see below the pre-defined user titles as per our previous version of OCN.

All the best,
Overclock.net Managment.

New to Overclock.net
Console Gamer
Audiophile
Mobo Master
RAM Fan
Windows Wrangler
Database Developer
Programmer
Linux Lobbyist
Unix Evangelist
Folding Fanatic
Commodore 64
Amiga 500
4.0 GHz Fan Man
PC Gamer
News Fiend
First Time Build
Overclocker in Training
AMD Overclocker
Intel Overclocker
WaterCooler
Extreme Cooler
*cough* Stock *cough*
Case Modder
Networking Nut
PSU Buff
Overclocker
Security Sleuth
Graphics Card Aficionado
ATI Enthusiast
nVidia Enthusiast
Apple Enthusiast

·
*THIS SPACE FOR RENT*
595 Posts
Thanks Enterprise! :thumb: Went with something completely unoriginal, but it's good enough. The "Reset" textbox seems a bit confusing as it will set the default title, regardless of what's in the textbox. Not really a big deal though.

·
Premium Member
2,472 Posts
Thanks! Great change.

·
Spiritual Migration
1,557 Posts
Kind of devalues the prestige of having your own custom title, but still a welcome change in my books :thumb:

·
Dances with a Screwdriver
796 Posts
Got mine. Thanks!

·
H₂O Aficionado
3,877 Posts
Glad to see the website is slowly returning to its former glory :)

Edit: For some reason Modder in Case Modder is profanity. Ok sure lol

·
⤷ αC
11,240 Posts
Kind of devalues the prestige of having your own custom title, but still a welcome change in my books :thumb:
^ proof people will complain about anything.

Glad to see the website is slowly returning to its former glory :)

Edit: For some reason Modder in Case Modder is profanity. Ok sure lol
It's to prevent people from labeling themselves a mod , obviously.

---

Thanks ENTERPRISE!

·
H₂O Aficionado
3,877 Posts
^ proof people will complain about anything.

It's to prevent people from labeling themselves a mod , obviously.

---

Thanks ENTERPRISE!

To the educated, it may be obvious :) Thanks for point that out

·
: ( ) { : | : & } ; :
3,540 Posts
I like my custom title

·
:)
11,146 Posts
Good choice :)

Suggest you add in more pre-defined titles as well. Did we not have a long list of that many years ago? Know many liked that at least.

Also, missing the flames still.. Hoping they will show up soon :)

·
Newsfiend
2,422 Posts
Thanks, I know this issue was rubbing a lot of users the wrong way.

·
Fluffy Fennec Foxes!
10,530 Posts
Any chance we might get to see the length we used to have? I really do miss having "Chaos beckons, I heed the call"... Which is apparently too long with the new forum's default settings.

·
Spiritual Migration
1,557 Posts

·
Administrator
64,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good choice :)

Suggest you add in more pre-defined titles as well. Did we not have a long list of that many years ago? Know many liked that at least.

Also, missing the flames still.. Hoping they will show up soon :)
Glad to see this is a hit :)

I have put all the pre-defined titles in the OP for reference. We will no longer be providing pre-defined selectable titles as the Custom ability kind of trumps the pre-defined list.

Thanks !

As for the Flames, these are an integral part of the REP System which is soon to be undertaken by a custom software developer. I cannot offer an ETA on this as the works are out of my hands. When I have more news I will be sure to share :)

·
:)
11,146 Posts
Glad to see this is a hit :)

I have put all the pre-defined titles in the OP for reference. We will no longer be providing pre-defined selectable titles as the Custom ability kind of trumps the pre-defined list.

Thanks !

As for the Flames, these are an integral part of the REP System which is soon to be undertaken by a custom software developer. I cannot offer an ETA on this as the works are out of my hands. When I have more news I will be sure to share :)
Of course :thumb:

Recommend you put it on the top of "Notices", considering so many often just read the first line or two. Might attract more to your other notices as well when they see custom title first, and then the natural curiosity about what else is there follows (Had good results with similar before personally).

Looking forward to the return of flames :)

Cheers E, keep up the good work!

·
AMD BIOS Alchemist
404 Posts
Hey this might be impossible, but, may I have "AMD Bios Modder" on the title without "cheating" the filter and using a '0' instead of an 'o'? :D pls xD

·
Overclocker in training
13,953 Posts
Hi,
Thanks nice basic function back with a bonus :thumb:

·
Senioritis Member
8,360 Posts
...As for the Flames, these are an integral part of the REP System which is soon to be undertaken by a custom software developer. I cannot offer an ETA on this as the works are out of my hands. When I have more news I will be sure to share :)
Now that is encouraging since I haven't been too impressed with VS' developers so far!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts