Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Force User
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have the Lian Li PC-O11 and while it comes with a vertical mount for the GPU, you can't use the vertical mount if you have fans or a radiator on the floor of the case.

So I wanted to still have the vertical mount, and I wanted a radiator on the bottom.

So I purchased this bracket as the base for the PCIe riser card.
(UN)Designs Pump Z2-Bracket

I also got a dual PCIe slot for the card from Mountian Mods.

I needed to make the back plate next. I used 1/2 thick black plexiglass.

Made some measurements, started cutting.
biggrin.gif

·
I Love this Hobby!
7,826 Posts
Like that thinking/modding which allows for the great display of the video card!

·
Force User
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! I really like the way it looks now.
I will probably have to move to a pump reservoir combo because the case is still pretty tight between the edge of the card and the pump.

If not, this will limit the length of card I can use.

But the nice thing is that I no longer have to worry about the width of the GPU.

·
Force User
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezy View Post

Would this work with the radiators/fans on the bottom using Lian-Li's own vertical gpu mount?
I think you would have to make some mods. The vertical expansion slots are located in a position that align with the card mounted on the floor of the case.

That being said, you may be able to just mod the back plate to hold the card above the rad and fans without attaching the PCIe extension to the rad and fans.

I have seen mods on other cases where the bottom of the card was not secured by anything, and the card was just held in place at the expansion slot.
(does that make sense?)
I found this online.
https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/604055-vertical-gpu-mount-in-the-define-s/

Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

OK, found this too.
-J

·
Registered
50 Posts
Jsunn, I know I messaged you earlier (some months earlier) but I finally am going to be receiving my Lian LI PC-011. I definitely want a bottom radiator though and I definitely want to do a vertical GPU mount. I was wondering now that you have finished your build if you were to do it again if you would do anything differently? I have never modded such an expensive case and yeah wondering if anybody has figured out an easy way to achieve it?

·
Force User
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zacw View Post

Jsunn, I know I messaged you earlier (some months earlier) but I finally am going to be receiving my Lian LI PC-011. I definitely want a bottom radiator though and I definitely want to do a vertical GPU mount. I was wondering now that you have finished your build if you were to do it again if you would do anything differently? I have never modded such an expensive case and yeah wondering if anybody has figured out an easy way to achieve it?
Hey Zacw, cool and congrats on the case. I have a few things that I'll write up in a couple of days. I'm on vacation now and don't have a lot of time.

I'll put thoughts in a couple of posts.
-j

·
Registered
19 Posts
Quote:

I actually was going to follow Jsunn's route of vertical mounting the gpu but I took a chance on a different product. I went with the Cooler Master Vertical GPU kit to mount mine.

eu.coolermaster.com/en/case/case-accessories/vertical-graphics-card-holder-kit/

Although you have to mod your back pci-e slots which is easy with a pair of wire cutters or a dremel.

I was able to fit a EK PE360 and TT Riing fans with no clearance issues at all. I'll post photos when I get home from my trip.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yeah if you could post photos that would be amazing. I was hoping to put 2x 360mm EK PE radiators in. And I'm still tossing up between 6x 120mm corsair HD or thermal take riing

·
Registered
19 Posts
Quote:

Yeah if you could post photos that would be amazing. I was hoping to put 2x 360mm EK PE radiators in. And I'm still tossing up between 6x 120mm corsair HD or thermal take riing
That shouldn't be a problem that's exaclty what I'm running. Just with TT Riing 120s

·
Registered
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezy View Post

I actually was going to follow Jsunn's route of vertical mounting the gpu but I took a chance on a different product. I went with the Cooler Master Vertical GPU kit to mount mine.

eu.coolermaster.com/en/case/case-accessories/vertical-graphics-card-holder-kit/

Although you have to mod your back pci-e slots which is easy with a pair of wire cutters or a dremel.

I was able to fit a EK PE360 and TT Riing fans with no clearance issues at all. I'll post photos when I get home from my trip.
Hi m8!

I was curious if you had some pics of using the CM vertical mount? I am thninking of buying the O11 but my gfx card is to wide to fit mounted normaly and i cant get my hands on the holder used in this thread :/ soo would be humbled if you could get back with some pics and info on how it worked out
smile.gif

My best regards, Alex

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey guys so I seem to have hit a bit of a road block. Never before have I had this much of a hassle attempting to plan out my loop.

So I have 2x radiators, 1 mounted at the top 1 at the bottom, a GPU block, CPU block and a singularity computers reservoir with their d5 pump top which seemingly have 3 ins and 1 out port.

I will attach some photos to illustrate my dilemma but no matter which way I try to plan it there seems to be an issue so any suggestions would be great.

My apologies in advance for not having the best photos to illustrate my points but I will try my best. Also keep in mind the GPU will be mounted vertically and I would have preferred to have the inlet coming from the top of the res. I will also have a valve release from one of the pump top ports.

I can't seem to make it connect into a single loop. For example if the out on the pump top goes into the GPU block and then into the CPU into the top radiator then back to the res then the bottom radiator isn't connected. If I continue the loop down to the bottom radiator then due to it going into an in I don't think the loop would really benefit from the radiator as the water I don't think would be circulated properly. I hope that makes sense XD hard to explain but when i try to draw it out on paper I can't work it out.

·
Force User
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Did you see my build log.
i did res, to pump (you have a combo unit), to lower rad, to upper rad, to cpu, to gpu, back to res.

I think that path could work for you as well? Are you using soft tubing or hard line tubing? Also, some angled fittings 90 degrees, or 45 degree fittings can help with tube routing.

-J

·
Registered
50 Posts
Na I'm running 16mm hardline and I have an order from America due in like a month with a couple angled fittings unfortunately nobody here in aus had the ones I wanted. This is why I'm struggling but might have an idea when it's not 5 am I'll sketch it on a peice of paper

·
Registered
541 Posts
His loop would work for you,He kept it simple from the pump to the bottom rad then straight up to the top rad then cpu then gpu then back to the res then pump.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts